Physician - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Community Health Systems
- Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Closing date
- Feb 13, 2024
- Part Time
- Position Type
Lutheran Health Network seeks a BE/BC Endocrinologist to join one other endocrinologist and four advanced practice nurses in a well-established, dynamic and rapidly expanding diverse endocrinology practice in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Practice is a division of the Lutheran Medical Group which is a well-respected major referral center for northeast and north central Indiana, southern Michigan and northwest Ohio.
- Practice is a division of the Lutheran Medical Group which is a well-respected major referral center for northeast and north central Indiana, southern Michigan and northwest Ohio.
- Outpatient, employed position, full time, 36 contact hours weekly, work week may be structured 4 or 5 days
- Anticipated volume of patients is around 20 daily
- Candidates seeking part-time employment may also be considered.
- Full spectrum of endocrinological diseases and conditions, including diabetes I and II, gestational diabetes, thyroid disease including cancer, pituitary and adrenal diseases, fluid and electrolyte disorders, diabetes insipidus, calcium disorders and osteoporosis, hypogonadism, neuroendocrine tumors and endocrine hypertension
- Services provided include insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitoring systems, radioiodine administration, thyroid US and FNA, DEXA scan interpretation, administration of medications for the treatment of endocrine disorders, and stimulation and suppression testing. Practice has an excellent diabetes educator
- After hour calls are answered first by the NP, resulting in extremely light call volumes. After hours and weekends may be rotated 1:2 with the present endocrinologist, or each endocrinologist may cover his/her own patients
- Clinic attached to the hospital, and inpatient hospital coverage is provided by three of the four advanced practice nurses, with backup provided by phone by the endocrinologists. If there is interest, the new endocrinologist may also see hospital patients
- Practice's 4 advanced practice nurses have independent panels of patients and practice under the supervision of the endocrinologists, and all are highly competent, experienced endocrinology providers
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary guarantee the first year then compensation is based on productivity (wRVUs).A productivity bonus may also be earned over guaranteed salary
- CME allowance
- Commencement bonus
- Quality bonus
- Medical education debt repayment
- Relocation assistance
- Benefits include up to 6 weeks of vacation time yearly, full medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability (ST and LT) and long term care insurance, retirement 401K plan with generous employer match, flexible spending account.
Lutheran Hospital is a 396 bed tertiary care facility that provides extensive specialized services through its Level II trauma center, comprehensive stroke center, accredited comprehensive cancer program and the region's only cardiac transplant program. Lutheran Health Network provides extensive subspecialty support not only to Fort Wayne, but to our 1.2M patient catchment area in northeast Indiana.
Fort Wayne and the surrounding community is an ideal place to live and raise a family. It offers all the amenities of 4 seasons, urban and suburban lifestyles, excellent schools, and there is easy access to large metropolitan areas such as Chicago, Indianapolis, Toledo, Detroit, and Cincinnati. Fine dining, Broadway theater, minor league sports, symphony orchestra, art museums, several universities and IU Med School are just a few of the many attributes of Fort Wayne.
www.visitfortwayne.com, www.cityoffortwayne.org, www.fwchamber.org
Apply for Physician - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert