Emergency Medicine Physician
- Envision Physician Services
- Sun City Center, Florida
- Closing date
- Feb 13, 2024
- Emergency Medicine
- Full Time
- Position Type
Envision Physician Services and HCA Florida South Shore Hospital are seeking Full-Time and Part-Time Physicians to work in the Emergency Department in Sun City Center. We emphasize quality emergency care, dedicated customer service, professional and personal growth. This is a very stable and well respected emergency medicine group. It offers the right professional a unique opportunity for a diverse practice experience. Qualified candidates must be Board Certified/Board Eligible EM or Board certified FM or IM with EM experience.
- Hospital Beds: 138
- ED Volume: 22,000
- ED Beds: 12 plus 4 Fast Track Beds
- ED Coverage: 24 hrs. of physician coverage per day; 12 hours of APP coverage per day
- Admission rate 30% (mostly geriatrics)
- Sister Facility to the North - Brandon Regional north takes most transfers, Peds, Ob-Gyn
- Sister Facility to the South - Blake Hospital takes Trauma both are HCA
- Certified Stroke Center – Primary no intervention
- 24 hour Radiology Reads (on all studies)
HCA Florida South Shore Hospital is a 138-bed, acute care hospital serving Sun City Center, Ruskin, Wimauma, Riverview, Apollo Beach, Gibsonton and the surrounding areas. The facility employees 185 physicians and 550 employees.
The hospital is located just off of I-75, which provides easy access to Tampa, the airport and a wide range of sporting and cultural events.
The hospital just completed a major expansion which includes a three-story patient tower, beautiful private rooms and state of the art ICUs.
South Shore Hospital is:
- Recognized as a Top Performer in Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission for 5 consecutive years
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Joint Commission Certified Heart Failure and Sepsis
- Joint Commission Certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Certified in Joint Replacement Hip and Total Knee
Sun City Center is one of Florida’s most affordable active living senior communities. It is a safe place where residents feel secure while enjoying the year-round, outdoor life style that Florida offers.
There are plenty of amusement parks, museums, outdoor activities, and major-league professional sports, including baseball (Rays), football (Buccaneers), and hockey (Lightning).
Nearby beaches and especially those to the south near Bradenton are attractions for locals and tourists alike.
Tampa International Airport and Sarasota-Bradenton Airport are two choices for local air service.
- Great fishing year round in Tampa Bay and the Gulf
- Golf year round at nearly 100 courses in the Tampa area
- Tampa Bay beaches as close as 15 minutes & Gulf Coast beaches as close as 45 minutes
- Major Sporting Teams and Attractions
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With our national network of clinicians who are committed to delivering high-quality care, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 29 million patients a year and support healthcare partners at 1,400 clinical departments across the nation.
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat patients through more than 16 million emergency department and inpatient encounters, support the delivery of more than 144,000 babies, conduct more than 8 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.4 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Physician
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert