Assistant Medical Director - Psychiatrist - Consult Liaison (CL) - Hartford, CT
- Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
- Hartford, Connecticut
- Closing date
- May 13, 2023
- Full Time
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Assistant Medical Director, Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry - Hartford, CT
The Institute of Living, a member of Hartford HealthCare's Behavioral Health Network (HHC BHN), the largest and most comprehensive behavioral health system in New England, is seeking an Assistant Medical Director for our cohesive multidisciplinary Adult Consult Liaison team at Hartford Hospital, a 938 bed tertiary teaching hospital, located in Hartford, CT.
The Assistant Medical Director, Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, will provide direct clinical care as well as administrative oversight on the CL service, with a directive to ensure high quality patient care and optimal service delivery. In this leadership position there will be opportunities to participate in clinical and didactic teaching (psychiatry residents and fellows, medical students, and advance practice providers), as well as quality and safety initiatives within the department of psychiatry. The Assistant Medical Director will report to the Associate Medical Director, Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry.
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
- On-going collaboration and support through The Institute of Living, which is part of Hartford Hospital's campus, and is a national leader in comprehensive mental health treatment, research and education
- Supportive physician leadership that is excited to help foster professional development and growth
- The Psychiatrist will participate in patient care, resident supervision and possible didactic teaching, joining a mature and collegial faculty peer group
- Applicants will be eligible for academic appointments through our affiliation with the University of Connecticut, School of Medicine
- Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits including low cost, high quality medical/dental, STD/LTD, matching 401(k), generous paid time off, CME, and more
- A mentorship program and grand rounds
- Opportunities for additional paid call
- Eligibility to apply for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- H1 and J1 Candidates are welcome to apply
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Institute of Living and the Behavioral Health Network at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Psychiatrists MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
Located near Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
For additional information and to schedule a discussion with our Medical Director, please
e-mail Samuel McNeil, Physician Recruiter, Samuel.Mcneil@hhchealth.org or call/text 860-637-5571
About Hartford HealthCare
The Hartford HealthCare network employs over 2,500 providers in over 400 practice locations throughout Connecticut, 7 acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, one of the largest behavioral health networks and one of the largest, physician-led, multi-specialty medical groups in New England.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel careers to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Our location: Connecticut is located within two hours of Boston and New York City and offers access to the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, access to New England beaches and ski resorts, and options to live near the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
1290 Silas Deane Highway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert