Psychologist - Bariatrics
- Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
- Shelton, Connecticut
- Closing date
- May 14, 2023
- Other Specialty, Psychiatry
- Full Time
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Monday-Friday
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
The psychologist's role will be to provide clinical services to support the psychological and psychosocial needs of patients in the designated specialty and region, and to participate in program development and standardization across the system. Though the role is primarily clinical, opportunities for research and training (psychiatry residents and fellows, psychology trainees) also exist. Additionally, the psychologist will interface with other behavioral health specialists within and outside the Hartford Healthcare Behavioral Health Network, including psychiatrists and licensed clinical social workers, and will work to develop and enhance a behavioral health service line within the designated specialty. Opportunities for research and training of psychology trainees also exist and are an integral part of the role.
1. Effectively utilizing screening measures and assessment tools conduct psychological assessments to evaluate readiness for surgery/treatment and identify potential risks, collaborating with medical providers, disseminating findings in team meetings and making behavioral health recommendations.
2. Providing evidence based psychological treatments (individual and group) to adult patients with mental, emotional and behavioral disorders.
3. Program development and development of standardized psychological protocols and education material.
4. Data management including tracking symptoms, treatment outcomes and independent maintenance of treatment records
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Psychology (PhD.) or Doctorate in Psychology (Psy.D.) from an APA-accredited institution
- One year APA approved internship in Clinical Psychology
- Training and experience in psychology or related area of clinical health psychology
- Competence with Microsoft Office® (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and basic statistical skills.
- Competence with Epic EMR documentation.
- Experience gathering information in a complex hospital system environment.
- Licensed to practice Psychology in the State of Connecticut
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
About Hartford HealthCare
The Hartford HealthCare network employs over 2,500 providers in over 400 practice locations throughout Connecticut, 7 acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, one of the largest behavioral health networks and one of the largest, physician-led, multi-specialty medical groups in New England.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel careers to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Our location: Connecticut is located within two hours of Boston and New York City and offers access to the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, access to New England beaches and ski resorts, and options to live near the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
1290 Silas Deane Highway
Apply for Psychologist - Bariatrics
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert