- Defense Health Agency (DHA)
- Ft. Hood, TX
- Closing date
- Feb 7, 2024
- Radiology / Imaging
Fort Hood is the Army's Premier Installation to train and deploy heavy forces. A 214,968 acre installation, Fort Hood is the only post in the United States capable of stationing and training two Armored Divisions.
The rolling, semi-arid terrain is ideal for multifaceted training and testing of military units and individuals.
Additionally, the Killeen community is a model of support for Army families. There are lots of resources and networks available to assist you.
Working for the Department of Defense comes with an abundance of benefits and perks to include competitive compensation packages, paid-time off, medical benefits, student loan repayments, and retirement package with Thrift Savings Plan to include matching employer contributions. For more information, please visit the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/benefits/
Performs duties under the general supervision of the Officer In Charge (OIC), Internal Medicine Clinic and Chief, Department of Medicine. Assignments are performed independently in accordance with Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center regulations, policies and procedures. Work is reviewed in terms of results achieved and contribution to the mission of the service.
1. Provides direct expert patient care to patients in the Internal medicine clinic, and as a Rheumatology consultant for hospitalized patients Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center (CRDAMC). Provides care and clinical supervision for a wide range of patient presentations, ages and conditions including emergent, urgent and non-urgent complaints. Evaluates, examines, diagnoses and treats Rheumatology and internal medical disorders for patients in the clinic or admitted to the hospital. Performs appropriate invasive and noninvasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures acceptable for the specialties of Rheumatology and internal medicine including advanced cardiac life support. Provides all services identified in the current Model of Clinical Practice for Rheumatology as promulgated by specialty societies. Identifies significant and relevant symptoms of presenting Rheumatology or internal medicine patients that may be subtle or present with overlapping symptoms due to more complex diagnoses. Orders appropriate laboratory, x-ray, and other diagnostic tests; interprets the medical evidence, incorporating information into an accurate diagnosis or appraisal; institutes proper treatment and patient care. Facilitates patient access to continuing medical care by appropriate referrals to other healthcare providers and operating within the policies and regulations of the hospital. Renders consultative opinions to other physicians and auxiliary health personnel in the areas of expertise. Maintains health and clinical records in accordance with current regulations and standards. Directs the care of Rheumatology or Internal Medicine Services for patients to include supervision of residents, interns, medical students, and other paraprofessionals and administrative personnel when necessary. Responsible for the administration and teaching of all aspects of Rheumatology or Internal Medicine care to residents, interns and other medical personnel while on duty in the clinic or as Attending Staff on the internal medicine ward. Shares on-call duties with the other Rheumatology Staff for the Rheumatology service throughout the year. Has on-call duties while Attending Staff for a minimum 1-month of internal medicine ward each year conforming to the policies of the internal medicine residency program and Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center.
2. As a member of the teaching staff for internal medicine and rheumatology participates in the graduate medical education of internal medicine residents, off-service residents, allied health residents, medical students and other medical trainees. Serve as a key and critical faculty member for the internal medicine residency in direct support of the internal medicine program director. Meets the scholarly requirements of the internal medicine residency program to include bedside teaching, formal lectures, mentoring resident research and contributing to regional/national presentations and medical publications in Rheumatology or internal medicine. Will seek and maintain an adjunct academic appointment (professorship) at a medical school affiliated with the medical center. Position may require occasional travel to affiliated medical training sites.
3. Participates in service and hospital performance improvement activities. Make recommendations on improvement of work methods, organizational features and the restructuring of positions to support the Rheumatology services and quality patient care at Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center.
PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
US Citizenship required
Must be board eligible with the American Board of Internal Medicine for Internal Medicine and Rheumatology
Must have a residency in an acceptable specialty, and have proven clinical experience
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).
Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
AMERICA’S PREMIER MEDICAL TEAM, SAVING LIVES AND FOSTERING HEALTHY AND RESILIENT PEOPLE
- Promote, sustain, and enhance the health of our armed forces, veterans, and their families.
- Train, develop, and equip a medical force that supports full spectrum operations.
- Deliver leading-edge healthcare to our warriors and military families to optimize outcomes.
DO WHAT YOU REALLY WANT -
CARE FOR PATIENTS AND HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE THE PRACTICE.
There are a lot of reasons you became a physician, but none of them included inﬂexible work schedules, burdensome administrative tasks, and dealing with insurance companies. By offering you exceptional employment beneﬁts as well as the opportunity to practice at locations across the U.S. and around the world, DHA delivers you the work-life balance you have always been missing.
WORK AND LIFE OPPORTUNITIES.
Practice your specialty and experience the unique career opportunities and beneﬁts that can be found at the DHA.
The civilian physicians of the Defense Health Agency meet the healthcare needs of active duty and retired military personnel, and their families, at treatment facilities across the U.S. and around the world.
- 250+ Locations Worldwide
- 5 Million+ Under Our Care
- Excellent Stafﬁng Ratios
- State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Patient-Focused Care
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedules
- Recruitment Bonuses
- Job Security
- Supportive Work Environment
With job openings at more than 250 military medical facilities all across the U.S. and around the world, DHA offers you the chance to practice where you want.
THE DHA IS CURRENTLY HIRING:
- Family Medicine
- Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Allergists & Immunologists
- Occupational Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
YOUR CAREER SEARCH STARTS HERE.
“As a civilian serving in the DHA, I get what I was missing most in my old practice. I was tired of the punishing work schedule and dealing with insurance and all the stress it brings. Now, I still practice alongside great physicians in a state-of-the-art facility, but in an environment that allows me to have a life outside the practice.
Best of all, even though I'm a civilian, I receive excellent federal beneﬁts.”
Dr. Frank R
Evans Army Community Hospital
Fort Carson, CO.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert