Physician (Pathology) GP-0602-15
- Defense Health Agency (DHA)
- Silver Spring, MD
- Closing date
- Feb 6, 2024
This position is located at the Joint Pathology Center, Silver Spring, MD.
This is an employed civilian Physician Pathology position that affords job security, a competitive base salary, bonuses, moving expenses, full malpractice coverage, 2 weeks paid vacation, 10 days paid Federal Holidays, a sick leave benefit and a first-class health and retirement benefit package.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
As a Physician (Pathology) you will:
- Perform surgical procedures to gross surgical specimens from surgical, radiological, and other invasive procedures; renders expert gross and microscopic diagnoses; and performs frozen section evaluations as requested.
- Ensure that the performance specifications for new tests, instruments, and methods introduced to the laboratory have been properly validated or verified prior to being used for patient testing.
- Provides analysis of studies to augment surgical and clinical specimens and studies to help complete or clarify the diagnosis of a disease.
- Furnishes advice and assistance to members of the subspecialty on professional matters and makes suggestions concerning the scope of contemplated research studies, approaches to follow, and suitability of available material.
- Serves as a member of an interdisciplinary health care team comprised of other physicians and ancillary staff.
- Ensures proficiency testing, alternative assessment, and quality control procedures are sufficient for the extent of testing performed in the laboratory.
- Ensures the implementation of new medical standards and policies; and provides authoritative medical competency in evaluating and correlating medical evidence with regard to the impact of disease or injury on various medical conditions.
- Oversees and teaches other health care providers (physicians, residents and medical students).
- Provides expert lectures to medical students, residents, fellows and practitioners about pathology and speaks at scientific meetings on a national and international level.
- Comprehensive knowledge in pathology, general medicine, emergency medicine and the basic sciences to include anatomy, chemistry and pharmacology to act as authoritative consultant on very complicated diagnostic and treatment problems with responsibility for recognizing rare and difficult to identify symptoms.
- Mission essential with a rotating on call schedule
US Citizenship required
Must possess a current, active, full and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Clinical Pathology and Anatomic Pathology certification required.
Must be Board Eligible/Certified in Pathology.
AMERICA’S PREMIER MEDICAL TEAM, SAVING LIVES AND FOSTERING HEALTHY AND RESILIENT PEOPLE
- Promote, sustain, and enhance the health of our armed forces, veterans, and their families.
- Train, develop, and equip a medical force that supports full spectrum operations.
- Deliver leading-edge healthcare to our warriors and military families to optimize outcomes.
DO WHAT YOU REALLY WANT -
CARE FOR PATIENTS AND HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE THE PRACTICE.
There are a lot of reasons you became a physician, but none of them included inﬂexible work schedules, burdensome administrative tasks, and dealing with insurance companies. By offering you exceptional employment beneﬁts as well as the opportunity to practice at locations across the U.S. and around the world, DHA delivers you the work-life balance you have always been missing.
WORK AND LIFE OPPORTUNITIES.
Practice your specialty and experience the unique career opportunities and beneﬁts that can be found at the DHA.
The civilian physicians of the Defense Health Agency meet the healthcare needs of active duty and retired military personnel, and their families, at treatment facilities across the U.S. and around the world.
- 250+ Locations Worldwide
- 5 Million+ Under Our Care
- Excellent Stafﬁng Ratios
- State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Patient-Focused Care
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedules
- Recruitment Bonuses
- Job Security
- Supportive Work Environment
With job openings at more than 250 military medical facilities all across the U.S. and around the world, DHA offers you the chance to practice where you want.
THE DHA IS CURRENTLY HIRING:
- Family Medicine
- Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Allergists & Immunologists
- Occupational Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
YOUR CAREER SEARCH STARTS HERE.
“As a civilian serving in the DHA, I get what I was missing most in my old practice. I was tired of the punishing work schedule and dealing with insurance and all the stress it brings. Now, I still practice alongside great physicians in a state-of-the-art facility, but in an environment that allows me to have a life outside the practice.
Best of all, even though I'm a civilian, I receive excellent federal beneﬁts.”
Dr. Frank R
Evans Army Community Hospital
Fort Carson, CO.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert