Physician (Medical Evaluation Board) GP-0602-14
- Defense Health Agency (DHA)
- Ft. Drum, NY
- Closing date
- Feb 6, 2024
- Other Specialty
This position is located in the Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) Outpatient Clinic at Fort Drum, NY.
Fort Drum, home of the 10th Mountain Division, is located in Northern New York's picturesque North County. As one of the most historically unique and geographically beautiful areas of the United States, the area offers bountiful outdoor recreational opportunities such as hunting, fishing, boating, sailing, scuba diving, white water rafting, and winter sports of all types. Fort Drum borders Lake Ontario, the St. Lawrence River, Canada, the Adirondack Mountains, and Vermont.
Recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
As a Physician for the Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) outpatient clinic you will:
- Coordinate and perform fitness for duty evaluations including MEB and Temporary Disability Retirement List (TDRL) evaluations.
- Perform comprehensive review of medical records.
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests, x-rays, and ancillary tests.
- Utilize sound clinical judgment to arrange for other medical specialty consultation.
- Dictate and review narrative summaries that include consultant opinions in preparation for Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) review.
- Responsible for the process involving fitness for duty, Medical Evaluation Boards and Temporary Retirement List Evaluations for military personnel of all ranks.
• You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
• If selected, official college or university transcript must be submitted.
• Must provide documents for credentialing for health care positions.
• Board Eligible/Board Certified
• All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification. Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
AMERICA’S PREMIER MEDICAL TEAM, SAVING LIVES AND FOSTERING HEALTHY AND RESILIENT PEOPLE
- Promote, sustain, and enhance the health of our armed forces, veterans, and their families.
- Train, develop, and equip a medical force that supports full spectrum operations.
- Deliver leading-edge healthcare to our warriors and military families to optimize outcomes.
DO WHAT YOU REALLY WANT -
CARE FOR PATIENTS AND HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE THE PRACTICE.
There are a lot of reasons you became a physician, but none of them included inﬂexible work schedules, burdensome administrative tasks, and dealing with insurance companies. By offering you exceptional employment beneﬁts as well as the opportunity to practice at locations across the U.S. and around the world, DHA delivers you the work-life balance you have always been missing.
WORK AND LIFE OPPORTUNITIES.
Practice your specialty and experience the unique career opportunities and beneﬁts that can be found at the DHA.
The civilian physicians of the Defense Health Agency meet the healthcare needs of active duty and retired military personnel, and their families, at treatment facilities across the U.S. and around the world.
- 250+ Locations Worldwide
- 5 Million+ Under Our Care
- Excellent Stafﬁng Ratios
- State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Patient-Focused Care
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedules
- Recruitment Bonuses
- Job Security
- Supportive Work Environment
With job openings at more than 250 military medical facilities all across the U.S. and around the world, DHA offers you the chance to practice where you want.
THE DHA IS CURRENTLY HIRING:
- Family Medicine
- Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Allergists & Immunologists
- Occupational Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
YOUR CAREER SEARCH STARTS HERE.
“As a civilian serving in the DHA, I get what I was missing most in my old practice. I was tired of the punishing work schedule and dealing with insurance and all the stress it brings. Now, I still practice alongside great physicians in a state-of-the-art facility, but in an environment that allows me to have a life outside the practice.
Best of all, even though I'm a civilian, I receive excellent federal beneﬁts.”
Dr. Frank R
Evans Army Community Hospital
Fort Carson, CO.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert