Psychiatrist - Adult PHP.IOP and Consultation - Norwich, CT
- Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
- Norwich, Connecticut
- Closing date
- May 5, 2023
- Full Time
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Get MORE from your career with Hartford HealthCare
Hartford HealthCare's Behavioral Health Network (HHC BHN), the largest and most integrated behavioral health system in New England, has a new opportunity available for a BE / BC Psychiatrist to join our cohesive multidisciplinary team at Backus Hospital, a well-established 213 bed acute care community hospital with an 18 bed inpatient adult unit, and outpatient services including PHP / IOP, in Norwich, CT, which is ideally located close to the picturesque Connecticut and Rhode Island Shoreline, and Mystic Seaport.
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
- Leadership and colleagues who are focused on the development and maturation of early career psychiatrists
- The Inpatient Adult Psychiatrist practices on a team of providers including another psychiatrist and psychiatric APRN providing care for individuals requiring behavioral health or substance use services, and also providing psychiatric consultations for patients admitted to other services, and to the ER, if needed
- The consultation requests are robust and steady, but not overwhelming or busy. The consultation work provides some of the most interesting and fulfilling work
- After hours weekday call is shared with 4 other psychiatrists, and is paid for separately. Weekend call is optional and paid for separately.
- Backus Hospital offers a warm, friendly, community hospital culture where everyone in the hospital knows each other, and collegial relationships interdepartmentally
- The psychiatrist will work within a multi-disciplinary treatment team and act as a clinical team leader for the coordination and supervision of care provided across clinical disciplines, including providing guidance and leadership to other clinicians on the team in formulating and implementing the treatment plan
- An opportunity to provide supervision to selected medical students, residents and non-physician health professionals
- The psychiatrist can participate in Medical Staff Committees and attend meetings in Medical Staff regulations
- Opportunities to participate in robust, imaginative and visionary system Annual Improvement Projects [AIP]. Current ongoing AIP include initiatives on Early Psychosis Treatments, Zero Opioid Death Initiative, and a Behavior Dyscontrol Project. There are several other HHC BHN initiatives ongoing, such as the HHC-wide Zero Suicide Project as well as the Colleague Wellness Initiative. Every feasible opportunity will be offered and encouraged for projects that the psychiatrist might want to pursue
- Avenues for training and development of leadership skills are also available within HHC
- Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits including low cost, high quality medical/dental, STD/LTD, matching 401(k), generous paid time off, CME, and more
- Eligibility to apply for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- H1B and J1 waiver candidates are welcome to apply
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Behavioral Health Network at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Psychiatrists MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of diversity, inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Located between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
To put MORE GROWTH IN YOUR CAREER contact Samuel McNeil, Physician Recruiter, at Samuel.McNeil@hhchealth.org OR call/text 860-637-5571.
About Hartford HealthCare
The Hartford HealthCare network employs over 2,500 providers in over 400 practice locations throughout Connecticut, 7 acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, one of the largest behavioral health networks and one of the largest, physician-led, multi-specialty medical groups in New England.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel careers to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Our location: Connecticut is located within two hours of Boston and New York City and offers access to the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, access to New England beaches and ski resorts, and options to live near the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
1290 Silas Deane Highway
Apply for Psychiatrist - Adult PHP.IOP and Consultation - Norwich, CT
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert