Supervisory Physician (Family Medicine)
- Defense Health Agency (DHA)
- Ft. Riley, KS
- Closing date
- Feb 4, 2024
- Family Medicine
Supervisory Physician (Family Medicine) Ft Riley, KS
Irwin Army Community Hospital (IACH) at Ft Riley is uniquely located in the rolling Flint Hills region of Northeast Kansas. Nestled between Junction City (pop. 25,000) and Manhattan (pop. 57,000), the local area has an abundance of outdoor activities where you with unlimited opportunities to fish, hike, swim, and explore!
Enjoy BigXII college sports and entertainment at Kansas State University in Manhattan; as well as a thriving night life. Experience travel simplified at the Manhattan Regional Airport or international travel through Kansas City International Airport. Manhattan has been recognized on the following for its quality of life:
. #3 on a list of Best Small Places for Business and Careers (Forbes)
. Top 10 Places to Retire (Money Magazine)
. Top 50 College Towns in America (Best College Reviews)
. Top 10 Best Places to Retire Young (CNN Money)
. Top 100 Places to Live in America (Livability)
Join #TeamIACH, your home in the Flint Hills; making Fort Riley the best place in the Army for Soldiers to live, train, deploy from, and come home to.
Our civilian team members are eligible for full federal benefits packages which include:
- 401k (TSP, 5% match)
- Retirement pension (FERS, five years to be vested)
- Health, life, long-term, vision, and dental insurance for the employee and family members
- Competitive pay, regular cost of living and time in service base salary increases.
- Performance awards
- Paid on-the-job training and developmental opportunities
- Ten paid federal holidays, ample vacation days, separate sick leave that does not expire
- Recruitment and retention incentives
- Paid relocation costs
- Free parking at work
- USO Airport Lounge Access
- Access to MWR services and activities which include childcare options
- Military service buy-back eligibility
1. Incumbent performs in accordance with policies and guidelines established by supervisor. Exercises independent judgment with full responsibility for professional diagnosis, treatment, referral and disposition of patients.
Scope of services include, but are not limited to, examination, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of medical, surgical, obstetric, gynecological, and orthopedic care.
Takes ownership, responsibility for care of assigned panel of patients. Provides first contact, continuous, comprehensive primary care for infants, children, youth, and adults according to current standards of care, the patient centered medical home model of care, and Army policy and relevant regulations. Leads a multi-disciplinary team of individuals who collectively take responsibility for the ongoing care of patients. Coordinates and/or integrates care across all elements of the healthcare system (e.g., subspecialty care, hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes) and the patient's community (e.g., family, public and private community-based services). Completes required records pertaining to all medical services provided in accordance with specified procedures and regulations.
Teaches and provides consultation to other health care providers as assigned.
Participates in Continuing Medical Education (CME) and quality assurance activities as assigned.
2. Supervises other health care providers as assigned. Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, difficulty of assignments, and the capabilities of employees. Provide technical oversight. Develop performance plans and rate employees. Interview candidates for subordinate positions; recommend hiring, promotion, or reassignments. Take disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands. Identify developmental and training needs of employees; provide and/or arrange for needed development and training.
PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
• You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
• If selected, official college or university transcript must be submitted.
• Must provide documents for credentialing for health care positions.
• Must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or a territory of the U.S.
• All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification. Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
AMERICA’S PREMIER MEDICAL TEAM, SAVING LIVES AND FOSTERING HEALTHY AND RESILIENT PEOPLE
- Promote, sustain, and enhance the health of our armed forces, veterans, and their families.
- Train, develop, and equip a medical force that supports full spectrum operations.
- Deliver leading-edge healthcare to our warriors and military families to optimize outcomes.
DO WHAT YOU REALLY WANT -
CARE FOR PATIENTS AND HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE THE PRACTICE.
There are a lot of reasons you became a physician, but none of them included inﬂexible work schedules, burdensome administrative tasks, and dealing with insurance companies. By offering you exceptional employment beneﬁts as well as the opportunity to practice at locations across the U.S. and around the world, DHA delivers you the work-life balance you have always been missing.
WORK AND LIFE OPPORTUNITIES.
Practice your specialty and experience the unique career opportunities and beneﬁts that can be found at the DHA.
The civilian physicians of the Defense Health Agency meet the healthcare needs of active duty and retired military personnel, and their families, at treatment facilities across the U.S. and around the world.
- 250+ Locations Worldwide
- 5 Million+ Under Our Care
- Excellent Stafﬁng Ratios
- State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Patient-Focused Care
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedules
- Recruitment Bonuses
- Job Security
- Supportive Work Environment
With job openings at more than 250 military medical facilities all across the U.S. and around the world, DHA offers you the chance to practice where you want.
THE DHA IS CURRENTLY HIRING:
- Family Medicine
- Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Allergists & Immunologists
- Occupational Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
YOUR CAREER SEARCH STARTS HERE.
“As a civilian serving in the DHA, I get what I was missing most in my old practice. I was tired of the punishing work schedule and dealing with insurance and all the stress it brings. Now, I still practice alongside great physicians in a state-of-the-art facility, but in an environment that allows me to have a life outside the practice.
Best of all, even though I'm a civilian, I receive excellent federal beneﬁts.”
Dr. Frank R
Evans Army Community Hospital
Fort Carson, CO.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert