Supervisory Physician (Family Medicine) Ft Riley, KS
Irwin Army Community Hospital (IACH) at Ft Riley is uniquely located in the rolling Flint Hills region of Northeast Kansas. Nestled between Junction City (pop. 25,000) and Manhattan (pop. 57,000), the local area has an abundance of outdoor activities where you with unlimited opportunities to fish, hike, swim, and explore!
Enjoy BigXII college sports and entertainment at Kansas State University in Manhattan; as well as a thriving night life. Experience travel simplified at the Manhattan Regional Airport or international travel through Kansas City International Airport. Manhattan has been recognized on the following for its quality of life:. #3 on a list of Best Small Places for Business and Careers (Forbes) . Top 10 Places to Retire (Money Magazine) . Top 50 College Towns in America (Best College Reviews) . Top 10 Best Places to Retire Young (CNN Money) . Top 100 Places to Live in America (Livability)
Join #TeamIACH, your home in the Flint Hills; making Fort Riley the best place in the Army for Soldiers to live, train, deploy from, and come home to.
Our civilian team members are eligible for full federal benefits packages which include:
- 401k (TSP, 5% match)
- Retirement pension (FERS, five years to be vested)
- Health, life, long-term, vision, and dental insurance for the employee and family members
- Competitive pay, regular cost of living and time in service base salary increases.
- Performance awards
- Paid on-the-job training and developmental opportunities
- Ten paid federal holidays, ample vacation days, separate sick leave that does not expire
- Recruitment and retention incentives
- Paid relocation costs
- Free parking at work
- USO Airport Lounge Access
- Access to MWR services and activities which include childcare options
- Military service buy-back eligibility
1. Incumbent performs in accordance with policies and guidelines established by supervisor. Exercises independent judgment with full responsibility for professional diagnosis, treatment, referral and disposition of patients.
Scope of services include, but are not limited to, examination, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of medical, surgical, obstetric, gynecological, and orthopedic care.
Takes ownership, responsibility for care of assigned panel of patients. Provides first contact, continuous, comprehensive primary care for infants, children, youth, and adults according to current standards of care, the patient centered medical home model of care, and Army policy and relevant regulations. Leads a multi-disciplinary team of individuals who collectively take responsibility for the ongoing care of patients. Coordinates and/or integrates care across all elements of the healthcare system (e.g., subspecialty care, hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes) and the patient's community (e.g., family, public and private community-based services). Completes required records pertaining to all medical services provided in accordance with specified procedures and regulations.
Teaches and provides consultation to other health care providers as assigned.
Participates in Continuing Medical Education (CME) and quality assurance activities as assigned.
2. Supervises other health care providers as assigned. Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, difficulty of assignments, and the capabilities of employees. Provide technical oversight. Develop performance plans and rate employees. Interview candidates for subordinate positions; recommend hiring, promotion, or reassignments. Take disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands. Identify developmental and training needs of employees; provide and/or arrange for needed development and training.
PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.Qualifications
• You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
• If selected, official college or university transcript must be submitted.
• Must provide documents for credentialing for health care positions.
• Must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or a territory of the U.S.
• All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification. Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.