Chair & Associate Medical Director - Child and Adolescent Psychiatry - Hartford, CT
- Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
- Hartford, Connecticut
- Closing date
- May 4, 2023
- Psychiatry, Public Health / Preventive Medicine
- Full Time
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Chair and Associate Medical Director of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry - Hartford, CT
Hartford HealthCare's Behavioral Health Network (HHC BHN), the largest and most comprehensive behavioral health system in New England, has a new opportunity available for a BE / BC Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to join our cohesive multidisciplinary team at Hartford Hospital, a 938 bed tertiary teaching hospital, located in Hartford, CT.
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
- Leadership role with clinical, educational, and research oversight at a freestanding academic center with several endowed research centers and training programs in psychiatry, child/adolescent psychiatry, psychology, and nursing
- On-going collaboration and support through The Institute of Living, which is part of Hartford Hospital's campus, and is a national leader in comprehensive mental health treatment, research and education
- Supportive physician leadership that is excited to help foster professional development and growth
- The Chair/Associate Medical Director Psychiatrist will be responsible for stewardship of a large group of child and adolescent psychiatrists, a child and adolescent psychiatry training program, community/external affiliate relations, strategic planning, governance, and partnership with administrative and operational leaders to achieve mutually agreed upon deliverables.
- The Chair/Associate Medical Director Psychiatrist will participate in patient care, resident supervision and possible didactic teaching, joining a mature and collegial faculty peer group
- Applicants will be eligible for academic appointments through our affiliation with the University of Connecticut, School of Medicine
- Applications will have opportunities for potential research infrastructure for a candidate within a research background.
- Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits including low cost, high quality medical/dental, STD/LTD, matching 401(k), generous paid time off, CME, and more
- A mentorship program and grand rounds
- Opportunities for additional paid call
- Eligibility to apply for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- H1 and J1 Candidates are welcome to apply
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Behavioral Health Network at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Psychiatrists MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of diversity, inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Located between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
For additional information:
E-mail Samuel McNeil, Physician Recruiter, Samuel.McNeil@hhchealth.orgor call/text 860-637-5571.
About Hartford HealthCare
The Hartford HealthCare network employs over 2,500 providers in over 400 practice locations throughout Connecticut, 7 acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, one of the largest behavioral health networks and one of the largest, physician-led, multi-specialty medical groups in New England.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel careers to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Our location: Connecticut is located within two hours of Boston and New York City and offers access to the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, access to New England beaches and ski resorts, and options to live near the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
1290 Silas Deane Highway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert