UT Health East Texas is searching for a Faculty Pulmonologist w/ Cystic Fibrosis Certification to join our health system comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 70 physician clinics in Tyler, TX- 90 mi from Dallas.
About this Position:
- Replace a retiring pulmonary physician who currently leads the adult cystic fibrosis program (incoming physician will transition into this role)
- Those interested in practicing Pulmonary in addition to doing their CF duties are welcome to apply
- Growing academic program with 60 Internal Medicine Residents and a new medical school opening in 2023
- Attend weekly clinic and consult on patients admitted to the hospital with CF.
- Work with the CF care team to meet each patient s individual needs.
- Participate in the CF registry.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives.
- Participate in research as part of the therapeutic development network.
- Work with the center director and the CF coordinator on the yearly grant budget.
- Attend the yearly North American cystic fibrosis conference.
Recruitment Package may include:
- Base salary + wRVU production incentive
- CME allowance
- Sign-on bonus
- Medical debt assistance + Consultative services by Navigate Student Loans
- Relocation allowance
- Residency stipend
- Paid malpractice coverage
- Health benefits + Retirement plan
- Marketing + practice growth assistance
- H-1B support
About The Cystic Fibrosis Center at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler: The Cystic Fibrosis Center at the University of Texas Health Science Center (UTHSCT) at Tyler is located in North East Texas, with a population of 2 million people. As the only CF center in northeast Texas, it is 100 miles from the CF Center in Dallas and the CF Center in Shreveport, LA., and about 200 miles from the Houston CF Center.
Caring for children and adults, the CF Center provides comprehensive services ranging from evaluation and diagnosis to treatment, patient education, teaching, and research. The CF Center has been an affiliated (UT Southwestern) CF Center accredited by the CFF since 1985 and offers the only accredited sweat-chloride testing center in the region, with our medical director working alongside physicians nationally known for their work in bronchiectasis and in non-tuberculous mycobacterial disease.?
About the Community:
?Tyler is centrally located in Northeast Texas, approximately half-way between Dallas and Shreveport, LA. It is the largest retail, medical, and business center in Upper East Texas. It is also known as the "Rose Capital of America." Tyler has highly-rated public and private schools and is home to The University of Texas at Tyler. From azaleas to zoos, Tyler provides many activities and attractions for the entire family and boasts an abundance of outdoor recreational offerings. Water enthusiasts will especially enjoy the proximity of Lake Palestine, Lake Tyler, and East Lake Tyler.