- Intermountain Healthcare
- Ogden, Utah
- Closing date
- Feb 2, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
Opportunity for an experienced OB/GYN to join our Obstetric Hospitalist program at McKay-Dee Hospital, located in Ogden, Utah.
McKay-Dee Hospital houses a 30-bed labor & delivery unit, averaging 3,200 deliveries annually. Level III NICU and MFM clinic on site, we also have MFM support available via telehealth 24/7. We maintain strong, collegial relationships with both employed and affiliated physicians and APPs.
As an OB Hospitalist, you will be expected to maintain safety, quality of care, a positive culture, and growth.
- Safety: The cornerstone of the OB Hospitalist program is safety. As such, your primary responsibility will be to be immediately available to address any urgent or emergent need that should arise on the Labor and Delivery unit while on shift.
- Quality: It is the role of the Hospitalist to continue to update their knowledge and skills. Inter and intradisciplinary collaboration, reading most up to date ACOG/SMFM guidelines, attending conferences, and running simulations will assist in our high-quality standards.
- Culture: As a leader on labor and delivery, the hospitalist will help to maintain a positive culture, creating an environment where everyone is heard, communication is key, and morale is high.
- Growth: Hospitalist programs throughout country are relatively new. Best practices are still being adopted, and as the landscape of labor and delivery changes nationally, and locally, we partner with our OB Hospitalists to continue to innovate to make our Hospitalist program a model program.
Schedule is anticipated to include an average of 7 24-hour shifts per month.
This position will include limited opportunities to support GYN emergency patients and surgeries such as D&Cs, ruptured ectopics, ovarian torsion, etc. while on shift. An interest in doing so and maintaining your GYN skillset is valued.
- B/C or B/E OB/GYN, with at least one year of obstetric practice experience beyond residency.
- Formal training in electronic fetal monitoring interpretation.
- Licensed, or ability to become licensed, to practice medicine in the State of Utah.
- Competitive salary and additional compensation for meeting quality goals
- Relocation assistance available, up to $20K
- Student Loan Repayment
- Signing Bonus Eligible
- We are a 501 3 company
- Full Intermountain benefits package including CME, Employee Assistance Program, Parental Leave and more
With locations in seven states and additional operations across the western U.S., Intermountain Healthcare is a nonprofit system of 33 hospitals, 385 clinics, medical groups with 3,800 employed physicians and advanced practice providers, a health plan division called SelectHealth with more than 1 million members, and other health services. Intermountain is committed to improving community health and is widely recognized as a leader in transforming healthcare by using evidence-based best practices to consistently deliver high-quality outcomes at sustainable costs.
Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible
Ogden is located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains and is within a day s drive of five national parks. Ogden boasts of its breathtaking mountain views and access to skiing/snowboarding (9 resorts within 60-75 min drive, including Snowbasin - site of the 2002 Olympic Downhill). There is no lack of summer activities either with several water recreational locations close by, Pineview Reservoir, Willard Bay, Ogden River Parkway, and only 10 miles from the Great Salt Lake. Within minutes of leaving McKay Dee Hospital you can find yourself mountain biking, hiking, fishing, kayaking, and rock climbing. There are outdoor activities for all ages, affordable real estate, and our family-oriented community supports diverse interests for all cultures. Ogden is home to Weber State University.
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.$7.25 - $999.99
We care about your well-being mind, body, and spirit which is why we provide our caregivers a generous benefits package that covers a wide range of programs to foster a sustainable culture of wellness that encompasses living healthy, happy, secure, connected, and engaged. Learn more about our comprehensive benefits package and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Apply for OB Hospitalist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert