Chief of Mental Health
- California Correctional Healthcare Services
- Stockton, CA
- $383,124 - $408,792
- Closing date
- Mar 31, 2023
- Full Time
- Position Type
- Permanent, Chair/Chief/Medical Director
Chief of Mental Health
$383,124 - $408,792
(depending on assignment and qualifications)
Do you want the challenge of a leadership role in an organization committed to change management, process improvement, and better health outcomes? If so, consider a Chief of Mental Health position with California Correctional Health Care Services.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and with clinical guidance of the Regional Mental Health team, the Chief of Mental Health has comprehensive 24/7 accountability for the operations and delivery of mental health patient care services within a California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) adult institution.
This executive opportunity is available at the California Health Care Facility (CHCF), a unique facility whose mission is to care for patients with the most severe and long-term needs. Located in Stockton 45 miles east of Sacramento, CHCF is also accessible from many Sacramento area communities, including family-friendly Elk Grove.
In this key role, you will:
- Direct program planning and development of goals and objectives; ensure compliance with all state and federal requirements Oversee inpatient and outpatient scheduling and treatment Coordinate all activities with individual psychiatric staff members, psychologists, psychiatric social workers, and other health care staff in the case management of patients to ensure quality mental health care is provided.
This role may be filled by a Psychiatrist or Psychologist.
To qualify for this role as a Psychiatrist, you must have:
- A current CA Medical License with Board Certification in Psychiatry
AND Minimum five years of clinical experience with a minimum two years over a defined program supervising psychiatrists, conducting quality reviews, and practical practice development.
- The ability to prepare and supervise the preparation of comprehensive medical reports, case histories, and hospital records; and the capacity to coordinate, supervise, guide, and evaluate the work of professional employees.
To qualify for this role as a Psychologist, you must have:
- A PsyD or PhD with current CA License
AND Minimum two years of experience practicing psychology in a psychiatric inpatient or outpatient setting or a correctional facility
AND The ability to prepare and supervise the preparation of comprehensive medical reports, case histories, and hospital records; and the capacity to coordinate, supervise, guide, and evaluate the work of professional employees.
In return for your efforts, we offer all of the stability, benefits, and work-life balance found in a career with the State of California:
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule Secure State of California retirement that vests in five years (visit www.CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas) Robust 401(k) and 457(b) savings plans (tax defer up to $45,000 - $60,000 per year) Visa sponsorship opportunities And much more
For more information, please contact Nicole Herrera at (916) 905-1679 or Nicole.Herrera@cdcr.ca.gov .
Psychiatrists, you may also apply online at https://cchcs.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=5938486&user_id=
Psychologists, you may also apply online at: https://cchcs.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=6061463&user_id=
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert