Job Description & Requirements
Outpatient Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Children s Specialty Group, a physician-led and academic-affiliated private practice, is seeking a board-certified or board-eligible child and adolescent psychiatrist to join their growing outpatient practices from Newport News to Virginia Beach, Virginia. The team has been preparing for the opening of their brand-new standalone children s mental health hospital in October 2022 and looking forward to the expansion of outpatient care in the community. We welcome interest from child psychiatrists, including those with pediatrics or triple board training. This is an incredible opportunity to work with patients in their communities and collaborate with a team at a new, first-of-its-kind facility dedicated to children s mental health that will transform healthcare for children statewide.Opportunity Highlights
- Join a growing, multi-disciplinary team of more than 200 physicians and 76 advanced care providers delivering family-centered care for the community.
- Fantastic opportunity to start or grow your career with a supportive group and ample mentorship
- Inpatient or outpatient schedule structures available that promote a wonderful quality of life.
- Brand new, standalone mental health facility slated to open in 2022
- Faculty appointment at Eastern Virginia Medical School with academic opportunities including training medical students, residents, and fellows
- Competitive salary + potential partnership track
- $30,000 sign-on bonus, competitive compensation, relocation allowance, and wonderful benefits are all included.
- Visa sponsorship available
- Leadership positions available for Medical Directors of the Partial Hospitalization Program, Psychiatric Emergency and Crisis Stabilization Services, and Inpatient Services as well as Associate Program Director for the Fellowship
Norfolk is located in southeastern coastal Virginia in a vibrant community of 1.7 million residents across nine cities and five counties.\n
- This region is conveniently located just 200 miles south of Washington, D.C., and 90 miles southeast of the state capital
- Excellent cost of living with a wide variety of places to live including waterfront property, rural land, downtown lofts, colonial-inspired townhomes, and many choices in between
- Enjoy a plethora of outdoor activities afforded by 144 miles of shoreline
- Explore countless recreational options, including golf, local wineries and breweries, museums, zoos, gardens, and performing art venues
\nAt CSG and the CHKD Mental Health Program, we celebrate diversity among our team members and welcome interest from women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and others to join our team committed to Hope, Equity, and Excellence in child mental health.Facility Location
Known as America s first region, the areas of Virginia Beach and Norfolk are not only teeming with history, but also offer some beautifully relaxing beaches. Combine the region s natural beauty and culture with a prominent medical presence, and you have a coveted location, filled with a kaleidoscope of opportunities. From wildlife refuge parks to a thriving nightlife and dining scene, the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area is primed for fun.Job BenefitsAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Child And Adolescent, Child, Adolescent, Psychiatrist, Psychiatry, Mental Illness, Physician, Healthcare, Mental Health, Medication, Medical, Doctor