Director, Substance Use Disorders Clinic- Newton- Wellesley Hospital
- Mass General Brigham Community Physicians
- Newton, Massachusetts
- Closing date
- Mar 27, 2023
- Full Time
- Position Type
The Director of the Substance Use Service (SUS) Clinic has clinical, administrative, educational, and general leadership responsibilities for addiction services in the Department of Psychiatry at Newton-Wellesley Hospital. Under the general direction and accountability of the Chair of Psychiatry, and in compliance with the Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff, the Medical Director will fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Assess, diagnose, and treat individuals with substance use disorders, providing medication management and psychotherapeutic interventions as indicated.
- Assess, diagnose, and treat individuals with co-occurring psychiatric disorders as clinically appropriate.
- Perform substance use disorder consultations for ambulatory, emergency, and admitted patients.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary treatment team, including social workers, recovery coaches, and physicians to provide coordinated, multimodal care for patients.
- Coordinate care with NWPO Population Health (Behavioral Health Integration and ICMP) team as indicated.
- Supervises clinical staff, including other physicians and social workers, and recovery coach.
- Participates with Administration in the development, preparation, and implementation of annual budgets, both operating and capital, for the Substance Use Services.
- Works with Administration in projecting long-range capital needs for the Services. This includes budgets for specialized clinical services and research activities. It also may include funds devoted to community outreach, teaching, and public relations.
- Maintains membership on committees according to the needs of the Hospital and the department. Ensures implementation and follow-up of actions taken by Executive Committee of the Medical Staff (ECMS).
- Prepares an Annual Report to be included in the Annual Report of the Department of Psychiatry to the ECMS on the status of the Services, including accomplishment of goals and recommendations for improvement.
- Prepares agenda and presides over business and educational meetings of the Service; participates in peer review as defined by the Performance Improvement/Patient Care Assessment Plan of the Hospital and the Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Takes the lead role in the identification of substance use services where clinical practice guidelines will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of care; assures the guidelines’ timely development, implementation and updates.
- Serves as a resource to the medical staff for substance use disorder treatment and prevention.
- Participates in NWH’s quality and safety improvement and risk management programs.
- Identifies and encourages academic opportunities for SUS staff.
- Performs such other duties as from time to time may reasonably be requested by the CMO, the Chair, and as commensurate with one’s experience and training.
- Participates in staff training and education in substance use assessment and management, including buprenorphine prescribing.
- Ensures that continuing education is maintained for all clinicians on the Substance Use Services.
- Participates in educational programs and presentations for the local community, such as colleges, universities, high schools, and government agencies.
- Builds collaborative relationships with local colleges and schools to promote awareness of substance use disorders and related interventions.
- Assists in appropriate training of staff, residents, and medical/PA students.
- Arranges for local conference participation by addiction specialists as needed.
Apply for Director, Substance Use Disorders Clinic- Newton- Wellesley Hospital
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert