Presence is exceptional care that delivers exceptional outcomes. We would like to invite you to share that gift as our new Physician Advisor at SSM Health - Oklahoma (Midwest City & Shawnee).
We are seeking a well-rounded Physician Advisor who has the proven ability to engage with their medical staff and hospital leadership and who share our dedication to exceptional care and outcomes.
In addition to being a strong leader and providing support and leadership to SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital - Midwest and SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital - Shawnee, the Physician Advisor will:
- The Physician Advisor directly affects hospital reimbursement, CMI, and other utilization metrics through supporting case management, close relationships with medical staff, communication and knowledge of payer practices, and responsibility for hospital utilization metrics.
- The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills that will play a key role in impacting the rate of observation versus inpatient care.
- Review referred medical records and addresses the clinical theory of diagnosis for admission status, continued stay and in coordination of written appeal letters to payors.
- Work with the denials/appeals team in concurrent chart review to assess denials and appropriate levels of care.
- Daily concurrent chart review as needed by the Case Managers to review current treatment plans, identify unnecessary delays in care, and assist the case managers in facilitating care with the health center and functioning as a liaison to the attending physicians in order to provide the highest quality of care in the most efficient manner possible.
- Participates in CDMP program, and addresses any cases referred by the Clinical Documentation Specialists.
- M.D. or D.O.
- Hold and maintain an unrestricted medical license in the state of Oklahoma
- Meet the requirements (and become a member) of the Hospital medical staff
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of the EPIC EMR
- Must have at least 3 years of clinical experience
SSM Health is a nationally recognized Catholic, not-for-profit integrated health system serving Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
To request additional information, confidentially submit your interest, or nominate a fellow colleague, please contact:
Director, Physician & Provider Recruitment
SSM Health - OK
Physician - State of Work Location