Physician (IM/FP) - Advanced/Complex Care
- California Correctional Healthcare Services
- Elk Grove, California
- $272,184 - $317,556 annually
- Closing date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Family Medicine, Geriatrics, Hospice / Palliative Medicine, Hospital Medicine (MD), Internal Medicine, Pain Management, Public Health / Preventive Medicine
- Full Time
- Position Type
$302,424 - $317,556 annual salary (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$287,268 - $301,656 annual salary (Lifetime Board Certified)
$272,184 - $285,804 annual salary (Pre-Board Certified)
California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking a physician with a desire to help shape and enhance the delivery of medical care to clinically complex patients within the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitations’ (CDCR) correctional institutions. In addition to a CA medical license, you must possess an X-Waiver (or ability to attain within 14 days of hire).
Under the general direction of the Chief Physician, Complex Care, you will:
- Support care teams in the evaluation and management of patients with complex, acute, and chronic conditions via clinical consultation and/or facilitation of multidisciplinary forums
- Serve as a clinical subject matter expert who develops and updates evidence-based guidelines and tools, continuing medical education activities, and clinical policies and procedures related to providing care to patients with complex needs
- Develop programs designed to identify, treat, and monitor complex patient populations
- Support statewide quality improvement activities, including developing clinical toolkits to educate and support institution-based providers
- Serve as a clinical consultant on clinical projects and perform clinical practice and mortality reviews as needed
- Travel to CDCR correctional institutions throughout California
Experience in quality improvement, disease management, program development, and population management in a public health setting and/or MPH is desirable. Additional subspecialty board certification and/or extensive clinical experience in Pain Management, Palliative Care, Addiction Medicine, Geriatrics, or Hospital Medicine is a plus, but not required.
CCHCS also offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek Generous paid time off and holiday schedule State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit www.CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas) Robust 401(k) and 457(b) savings plans (tax defer up to $45,000 - $60,000 per year) Paid Insurance, license, and DEA renewal Paid CME, with paid time off to attend Dedicated assistance with visa sponsorship Relocation assistance for those new to state service
This distinctive opportunity is based at CCHCS’ comfortable and modern campus-style headquarters office in Elk Grove, located approximately 15 miles south of Sacramento.
Take the first step in joining our team and submit your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov
or contact us at (877) 793-4473.
To apply online, please visit https://cchcs.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=6060891&user_id=
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert