Specialty: Surgery : Thoracic
Candidate Type: MD, DO
Visa Accepted: No J-1 or H-1B
Salary Range: Negotiable
Loan Repayment: Yes
Employment Type: Full Time
Bonuses Offered: Sign-on, Retention, Quality, Relocation, Productivity, Negotiable
Bon Secours Mercy Health
Bon Secours Mercy Health is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Thoracic Surgeon to join our established Surgical team with plans to grow and strengthen the thoracic program at our tertiary care referral center in Richmond, Virginia. Successful candidate is charged with providing a broad range of thoracic surgical interventions. This care must be delivered in accordance with policy and meet organizational and community standards which pertains to both outpatients and inpatients. The Thoracic Surgeon should function as a collegial team member with the entire staff.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
3 - 3.5 days per week in the operating room, 1.5 days per week in clinic. Flexible schedule depending on needs of the team.
• The Thoracic surgeon participates in and/or manages all aspects of a general Thoracic surgery program to include clinical and administrative.
• Attend and participate in outpatient clinics and take an active role in the evaluation of the patient, decision for treatment/care, and complete timely documentation in the patient electronic record.
• Perform surgery and provide pre-op and post-op care as indicated for major and minor procedures, as well as Thoracic surgery consultation for inpatients and outpatients.
• Participates in and/or manages a broad range of Thoracic surgery practice. This encompasses all areas of general thoracic surgery including reconstructive services.
• Participates in a shared rotation of night and weekend on-call coverage.
• Evaluate and treat Thoracic surgery emergencies in the emergency department, inpatient wards, ICU and operating room.
• Maintain professional competency, courtesy and flexibility and provide the necessary services of this specialty.
• Collaborative patient management along with the other departments and sections of the hospitals including, but not limited to, laboratory, medicine, radiology and the auxiliary services.
• Attend meetings required by the Organization and Surgery Service.
• Provide training and/or direction as applicable to supporting employees (e.g. APCs, RNs, technicians, administrative support staff) in accordance with governmental and professional clinical standards and protocols.
LPN per surgeon and mentorship available