Colon & Rectal Surgeon
- Summit Health Medical Group
- White Plains, New York
- Closing date
- Dec 27, 2023
- Surgery, Surgery, Colon/Rectal
- Full Time
- Position Type
Summit Health and CityMD form a physician-driven, patient-centric network, committed to simplifying the complexities of health care and bringing a more connected kind of care. Our unique network was created by the 2019 merger between Summit Medical Group, one of the nation s premier independent multispecialty medical groups, and CityMD, the leading urgent care provider in the New York metropolitan area. Together, Summit Health and CityMD deliver a more intuitive, comprehensive, and responsive care experience for every patient, regardless of the stage of life or health condition, through high-quality primary, specialty, and urgent care.
We are continually growing to meet the needs of our patients and deliver exceptional care to an even greater population. Summit Health now has more than 2,800 providers across more than 80 specialty areas, 13,000 employees, and over 370 locations in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Central Oregon. CityMD has over 150 locations across the tri-state. We share a vision of improving the way health care needs are addressed by offering timely, high-quality, comprehensive care with an exceptional patient experience. Together, we provide the best possible care to every patient in every neighborhood.
Join our team!
Summit Health and CityMD are dedicated to hiring and retaining the right talent who will contribute to our ongoing expansion and success. We work to set clear goals and expectations, while regularly managing performance and cultivating personal and team capabilities within a positive, collaborative environment that recognizes and rewards success. We strive to make each team member's experience at our company inspiring. Explore our open positions and apply to become a part of the Summit Health and CityMD family.
We are actively seeking BC/BE Colorectal Surgeon to join our existing team.
Physician will be responsible for providing complete, comprehensive clinical care for all patients. Physician provides clinical care services including, but not limited to, diagnosis, treatment, and coordination of care, preventative and health care maintenance to patients. Physician works collaboratively with all providers as a multi-disciplinary team to provide comprehensive, compassionate health care to all patients.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Obtain medical, social and developmental history of patient.
- Perform physical exams and immunizations on all patients.
- Diagnose and develop treatment plans with the patient. Management of all acute and chronic illnesses.
- Provide health education and counseling and establish preventive health practices.
- Prescribes and administers medications or delegates immunization duties to the clinical support staff as allowed by federal, state and professional guidelines.
- Initiate laboratory, radiology, and pathology exams and specialty consults as necessary.
- Review and follow up on incoming reports in a timely manner.
- Exercise judgment in establishing priorities of medical care and consult with and refer to appropriate specialist in regards to high risk or complex patients.
- Implement clinical policies with department manager, Clinical Director, Department Chair, Medical Director, and other providers to continuously provide comprehensive state of the art medical care.
- Responsible for supervision of assigned or other advance practice providers (physician assistants and nurse practitioners) at the clinical site as applicable.
- Assist with training, orientation and clinical support for new providers, advance practice providers, and clinical support staff.
- Fosters a professional, collaborative work environment with all team members and colleagues.
- Maintain current New York or Connecticut Licensure and all licenses necessary to provide care in the medical practice.
- Management of services in accordance with established organization policies and procedures and other medical programs and guidelines.
- Participation in Quality Improvement (CQI) program and clinical projects for practice improvement when requested.
- Provide case management with other health care team members.
- Medical Degree
- Active Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy (M.D. or D.O.) license in the state of New York or Connecticut as required
- Board Certification
- Active DEA license
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Ability to work collaboratively within a clinical team
- Demonstrated professional competence and integrity and ethical conduct of practice
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and effective conflict resolution skills
- Patient focused and committed to providing outstanding and compassionate care and service to all patients
- Strong computer skills and EMR knowledge
Compensation Range: $325,000-$500,000
The provided compensation range is based on industry standards and salary determinations will be made based on numerous factors including but not limited to years of experience, individual performance, quality measures and location of position.Total Rewards at Summit Health CityMD
Our team members are essential to our mission to reshape healthcare through the power of connection. Summit Health highly values the critical role that health and wellness play in the lives of our team members and their families. We strive to provide a valuable suite of benefits, wellness programs, compensation, time off, and resources to support the wellbeing and personal needs of team members and their families at various stages of life and in their professional career. Collectively, we call these "Total Rewards .
Here at Summit Health, our total rewards include, but are not limited to:
We ve Got You Covered - Health coverage is vital, and it begins as soon as the 1st of the month after you start employment.
Build a Healthy Foundation Various medical plan options, HDHP with HSA option and employer contribution, and waived copays at CityMD Urgent Cares.
Enhance Your Health Coverage Dental and vision insurance, plus healthcare and dependent care spending accounts.
Safeguard Your Household Company paid EAP and life insurance, plus optional supplemental life, pet, and legal plan insurance.
Protect Against the Unexpected Voluntary benefits including hospital indemnity, accident, critical illness, and disability insurance.
Retirement Investing - 401(k) plan with company match every pay period to help you build towards your retirement.
Work/Life Balance - Paid time off including PTO, holidays, and more so employees can take a break or care for themselves and their family.
Paid Maternity Leave - Paid time off for the birth of a child to assist with important time away while welcoming the newest addition to your family.
Reach Professional Goals Tuition reimbursement, annual compensation and bonus program, and internal growth opportunities.
- Financial Wellness - Educational webinars, resources, and tools to help foster financial literacy.
Apply for Colon & Rectal Surgeon
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert