- UofL Health
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Closing date
- Dec 22, 2023
- Full Time
- Position Type
The University of Louisville's Department of Medicine is seeking fellowship-trained BE/BC rheumatologists. Located on the University of Louisville Health Sciences Campus, UofL Hospital is a level 1 Trauma hospital, a certified stroke center, and the major clinical site for the care of downtown Louisville.
This position provides the opportunity for outpatient care in a busy metropolitan area supported by UofL Hospital, in addition to an academic appointment at a major university medical center.
Physicians in this role will assume directorship over the following:
- Patient care of individuals with autoimmune disorders
- Management of biologic and chemotherapeutic protocols in the outpatient setting
- We offer highly competitive compensation
- A robust recruitment package (such as, give examples)
- Comprehensive benefits (such as, give examples)
- Free college tuition to the University of Louisville for employees and their immediate families!
- Tuition reimbursement
- Malpractice Coverage
- Relocation assistance
- Sign-on Bonus
About UofL Hospital
UofL Hospital is the only Level I Trauma Center in the region. The Trauma Center admits more than 3,000 patients each year, including 1,500 patients a year who live outside Jefferson County and its surrounding counties making it a resource not only for Louisville residents but also for people throughout Kentuckiana. Included within the trauma care provided at UofL Hospital is a comprehensive burn unit. With the only adult burn unit in the region, all of the Trauma Center surgeons and burn unit nurses are specially trained in treating burn injuries.
In 2013, UofL Hospital was named the first Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center in Kentucky and the 20th in the nation. This accreditation recognizes UofL Hospital s ability to provide the most comprehensive stroke treatments available.
Perks of the Area: Louisville, KY
Did you know Once a hidden secret, Louisville is now known as one of the top emerging markets for health care, medical sciences industries, advancements in heart and hand surgery, as well as, cancer treatment.
- As America s 17th largest city, the cost of living is substantially lower than the national average.
- Even better is that the average work commute is only 23 minutes.
- The city landed on over 35 "Best Of" lists in the year 2021
- Ranked #5 on the Top 10 New Brainpower Cities in America
- National Geographic listed Louisville in the Top 10 Food Cities; Zagat called it one of America's Next Hot Food Cities
UofL Health and UofL Physicians deliver patient-centered care with compassion and excellence.
UofL Health and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers and support a drug-free work environment.
Apply for Rheumatologist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert