Neuro Intensivist - Mercy Health - Toledo, OH
Mercy Health Physicians North (Toledo, OH) is actively seeking a Neuro Intensivist Neurologist for a well -established Neuro Critical Care program. Mercy Health Physicians Toledo market is number 1 in market share for Neurosciences. We welcome both experienced and junior candidates to apply. Neurocritical care fellowship training is required. Potential for leadership position is available for candidates with the right credentials.
- Cover busy 16 bed Neurocritical Care Unit
- Neuro ICU service is 24/7 primary admitting and consult service, accepting patients from multiple referral locations / hospitals / ERs
- Patient population in Neuro ICU and Neurocritical care service includes Acute ischemic stroke, post thrombectomy and thrombolysis patients, Intracerebral hemorrhage, Subarachnoid hemorrhage, Status epilepticus, post endovascular and post neurosurgical cases, Neuromuscular respiratory illnesses
- Intracranial pressure management
- Hypothermia treatment and hypothermia protocols
- Also cover consults in MICU/CICU for post cardiac arrest patients, status epilepticus and patients with critical neuro issues
- Level 1 trauma. Comprehensive stroke. Level II Pediatrics.
- Neuroscience Clinical Faculty Neurology resident clinical and didactic education, multiple multidisciplinary conferences (neuro oncology, neurovascular, trauma), and grand rounds
- First call covered by APC and/or Resident in house 24/7
- Department is supported with 2 NCC APPs and Residents daily and 1 APP or resident at night.
- Fully staffed by neurocritical care service physicians who are board certified Neurologist and fellowship trained in Neuro critical care with ABMS/UCNS certification.
- Dedicated Neuro-Endovascular service provided by two experienced full time interventional and stroke neurologists with fellow support and more than 100 thrombectomy and more than 100 aneurysms annually with Neuroendovascular fellowship program
- Admitting and consult Neurology services with neurology residency program (4 residents per year with total of 16 residents and 4 months on neuro ICU per resident throughout the residency)
- Leksell Gamma Knife acquired with 2 Radiation Oncologists who work closely with Neurosurgery service.
- Outpatient PM&R and Pain Management services available
- Inpatient Rehab available with sister hospital manned by Mercy Physiatrists
- 24/7 continuous EEG support with in-house EEG techs available
- 24/7 MRI services available
- Clinical research infra-structure support
- Mobile Stroke Unit
- Close and very collegial relationship with Neurosurgery service, ED, Medicine, Neurology, PMR, and trauma services
Education, Teaching and Academic Opportunities:
- Affiliation for an academic position and title with Northeast Ohio Medical University (NeoMed) or Ohio School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Involvement in teaching and education of the Medical Students, from NeoMed, Ohio School of Osteopathic Medicine, St. Georgios medical school.
- Involvement in teaching and education of the Neurology, ED, and Internal medicine residents
Benefit package includes:
We offer highly competitive compensation, with excellent sign-on bonuses and starting salaries, plus unparalleled benefits.
- Health, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, Disability, Medical Malpractice Insurance w/tail-coverage
- Sign on Bonus
- Student Loan Assistance
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- 403b Plan w/company match, 457b Plan, Supplemental Executive Retirement Plan (funded 100% by company)
- CME, DEA, OH license, Board fees, Relocation Reimbursement
- Work/Life balance resources: financial advisory services, LifeMatters (concierge work-life services), fitness center membership; corporate discounts; Be Well Within (health management program), and more.
Inquiries, including curriculum vitae should be addressed to:
Tom S Leeds
Director, Physician Recruitment
Please visit Mercy Health at mercyweb.org
About Bon Secours Mercy Health System: Bon Secours Mercy Health northern market is an eight-hospital system and a preferred provider of healthcare services for a 20-county area in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan. As a faith-based healthcare system, Mercy Health continues to honor its long-standing Mission to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by improving the health of our communities, with an emphasis on the underserved. Mercy demonstrates behaviors reflecting its core values of compassion, excellence, human dignity, justice, service, and sacredness of life.
Mercy Health is the largest healthcare system in Ohio and ranked nationally in the top 20% of health systems for clinical quality and efficiency.
About the City of Toledo: The city of Toledo, is the fourth largest metropolitan city in Ohio. The city is located on the banks of Maumee River and on the shores Lake Erie. Toledo is centrally located and with access to many other cities and an international Airport. It is located within less than hour driving distance from Detroit, and its international airport and 2 hours from Cleveland and Columbus, and 4 hours from Chicago.
Toledo has many outdoor activities, with a short drive to beaches, lake-side parks and ferry access to popular island destinations, Toledo offers both the cultural amenities of a big city and close-knit feel of a small town.
Toledo is home to several large industries, including Libbey-Owens-Ford, Libbey Glass, Owens-Corning Fiberglass, Owens- Illinois, and the Jeep Corporation. Because of its proximity to Lake Erie, shipping is also a major industry and about 2,000 U.S. and foreign vessels visit the city annually.
Toledo has a symphony, a ballet, a world-class art museum offering numerous event and cultural opportunities, and nationally recognized zoo with an amazing and award-winning Christmas light zoo show. The triple-A Detroit Tigers affiliate Toledo Mud Hens play downtown at Fifth Third Field, named the best minor league stadium by Newsweek magazine. The downtown arena hosts the professional hockey team, Toledo Walleye, and welcomes numerous musical acts throughout the year.
With the region's affordable cost of living, short commutes, and diverse neighborhoods, you can enjoy a superb quality of life in a vibrant metropolitan area.
A culturally prosperous city, Toledo is home to a nationally renowned art museum and zoo, the Toledo Symphony, as well as the newly renovated Valentine Theater. The community is home to the Toledo Mud Hens, the Triple A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers. The Mud Hens play in their downtown stadium, Fifth Third Field, which was named as one of the top minor league baseball stadiums in the country. Toledo also offers an ECHL hockey team, NCAA sports at the University of Toledo, and an annual LPGA golf tournament. Nature and outdoors lovers enjoy the close proximity to Lake Erie. Outstanding schools coupled with affordable housing give northwest Ohio families a great lifestyle. Toledo boasts of having 33 colleges and universities within a 60-mile radius, including a medical college within the metro area. Additionally, Ann Arbor, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, and Detroit are all within a short driving distance.
Apply for Neuro Intensivist - Mercy Health - Toledo, OH
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert