Job Description & Requirements
Lead Physician: Transitions of Care Post-Acute Care in California
UC Davis Health is seeking a Lead Physician and a Staff Physician to join a multispecialty team in establishing a high-quality care-focused, new Transitions of Care program. The Transitions of Care program aims to enhance the experience of a patient s clinical outcomes by ensuring seamless patient flow as they are discharged from the hospital and connecting to their post-discharge clinical and community resources.Opportunity Highlights
About UC Davis Medical Center
- Leadership and staff positions are available; Join a growing program supported by institutional leadership.
- Participate in the establishment and development of The UC Davis Health Post-Acute Care Discharge Clinic, which will act as a bridge clinic to ensure recently hospitalized high-risk patients receive the needed extra support and care guidance to prevent unnecessary rehospitalization.
- A multispecialty team consists of physicians, advanced practice providers, pharmacists, health navigators, and clinical care coordinators.
- Program Goals include promoting a collaborative partnership across inpatient, outpatient, and post-acute care settings.
- Provide post-discharge direct patient care to high-risk / high-acuity patients.
- Ability to focus on providing high-quality patient care; Patient template reflective of program goals; Average volume of 15 patients per day
- Physician providers enjoy autonomy and flexibility in schedule; 90% of direct clinical patient care is provided by highly trained nurse practitioners.
- Signing bonus available; Generous time off; Great quality of life.
- Lead Physician - Protected time for post-acute care program development, QI, and other administrative duties.
UC Davis Medical Center is ranked as one of the nation s best hospitals for 2021-22 in 9 adult medical specialties, according to the annual US News & World Report
Best Hospitals survey published in July 2021. In regional rankings, UC Davis Medical Center was recognized once again as No. 1 in the Sacramento area and among the top 10 in California.Community Information - Close to Lake Tahoe, Napa, and the San Francisco Bay Area
Our practice location in Sacramento, California, offers a significantly lower cost of living than San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, and other parts of California. One of the most historic areas of California, our city is filled with community events and activities as well as endless opportunities to experience adventure in the surrounding scenic nature.
- Exceptional public and private schools and remarkable housing options.
- Access to plenty of big-city amenities, including a vibrant downtown area, professional sports, and an international airport.
- Located in convenient proximity to Lake Tahoe, Napa, and the San Francisco Bay Area.
- US News ranks California #7 in Best States for Healthcare .
- A culturally diverse city.
- Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy kayaking and boating a short commute to snow skiing.
- Outstanding public schools providers rave about the schooling options for their children.
Candidates must be board certified or board eligible in family or internal medicine with an interest in providing direct patient care to high-risk/high acuity patients in the post-discharge clinical setting.Job BenefitsAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Internal Medicine, Internist, Internal Medicine, Internal Care, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md