Job Description & Requirements
A nationally recognized Department of Neurology is seeking qualified candidates who are board-certified or board-eligible in general adult neurology and/or a neurology subspecialty. Fellowship training in MS, neuroimmunology or vascular neurology is ideal.
Incoming physicians will be expected to teach medical students and residents; contribute to research programs, as applicable; and carry out service to the department, university, and community. The neurology faculty opportunity is intended to be primarily outpatient-oriented with minimal call responsibilities and a wealth of subspecialty opportunities. Visa candidates welcome!University Neurology Program Highlights
- Strong department comprised of a team of 55 faculty neurologists and other providers who are dedicated to patient care, research, and education
- Based within one of the fastest-growing medical centers in the nation
- Boasts some of the leading clinical and research centers in the country for cerebrovascular disease, epilepsy, and Alzheimer s disease, including an NIA-designated Alzheimer s Disease Research Center (ADRC) that has become an international referral center and research powerhouse
- Includes an ACGME-accredited neurology residency program, three neurology fellowships, and a post-residency clinical fellowship
\nHome to a remarkable university with exciting NCAA sports, this charming community offers genuine Southern hospitality and an engaging spirit that will help you feel right at home as soon as you arrive.Community Highlights
- Some of the best public and private schools in the state
- A safe, walkable downtown area with plenty of cultural and nightlife activities
- Gorgeous scenery and an abundance of outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, camping, golfing, and horseback riding
- Convenient access to Louisville, Cincinnati, and Nashville
Known as the "Horse Capital of the World", Lexington has a distinct Thoroughbred breeding and racing culture. The city is also home to the University of Kentucky, whose men's basketball team is often noted as one of the best in the NCAA with eight championships and one of the most winning programs in college basketball history. Here you'll also find a wide array of historical sites, including Ashland: The Henry Clay Estate, and various cultural festivals, the most popular of which are the Mayfest Arts Fair and the Festival of Bluegrass.Job BenefitsAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.