Job Description & Requirements
Division Chief of Clinical Pathology
The Department of Pathology at University Hospitals Cleveland (UH) and Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine (CWRU) is seeking an accomplished and innovative Division Chief of Clinical Pathology. Successful applicants will be board-certified in anatomic and clinical pathology or clinical pathology with subspecialty expertise in an area of laboratory medicine and will be eligible for appointment at the Associate or Full Professor academic rank at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. The incoming Division Chief will have previous experience leading clinical operations in Laboratory Medicine in an integrated academic health network, strategic planning and program development, and a demonstrated history of academic and scholarly accomplishments. This position will have leadership responsibility for advancing the mission of University Hospitals, To Heal, To Teach, To Discover by providing high quality, value-based clinical laboratory services, enhancing our educational programs, and developing clinical and translational research programs.Opportunity Highlights
- Division Chief leadership opportunity Expand and further develop an established division of 20 Clinical Pathology faculty
- Incredible leadership role within a division that provides comprehensive laboratory services across the full spectrum of diagnostic specialties of Clinical Chemistry, Hematopathology, Histocompatibility, Immunology, Microbiology, and Transfusion Medicine
- Participate in strategic planning, systems improvement, standardization, and further integration in a large supra-regional health system
- Pursue academic, research, and scholarly interests within the robust academic environment of UH and CWRU
- Centralized microbiology laboratory features total laboratory automation and advanced molecular microbiology
- Department of Pathology features a robust translational research program including advanced analytics and bioinformatics
- CWRU Department of Pathology is one of the nation s top-ranked academic programs Ranked 13th nationally in [SC1] NIH funding with focus areas of Immunology, Cancer Biology, and Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Division laboratory sections are led by nationally prominent academic physicians, doctoral scientists, and researchers
- Educational mission includes a Pathology Residency program with 24 residents, fellowship programs in Hematopathology and Transfusion Medicine, and teaching of CWRU medical students
- Intra-departmental collaboration with the Center for Global Health and Diseases
- Flexibility for research opportunities
Located along beautiful Lake Erie and filled with fantastic opportunities for families and individuals alike, Cleveland is a perfect place to call home.\n
- Lower cost of living than other major cities
- A variety of housing options, including urban residences, waterfront properties, and suburban neighborhoods
- An abundance of outdoor recreation, including hiking, lakefront activities, and golfing
- An array of amenities, including an international airport, top-notch shopping and dining options, professional sports teams, and world-class performing arts.
To apply, provide recommendations, or to request additional information on this opportunity, please contact: Ashlie Korb of Merritt Hawkins. Interested candidates should provide their curriculum vitae and a letter of interest outlining key leadership experiences to Ashlie.Korb@amnhealthcare.com.
All interactions will remain confidential.Facility Location
Sprawling for 50 miles along the shores of Lake Erie, Cleveland has developed into a gleaming model of urban rejuvenation. Once the industrial hub of the heartland, this forward-thinking city now boasts glass towers and contemporary high-rises, modern museums, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and many cutting-edge health care facilities.Job BenefitsAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Clinical Pathology, Clinical Pathologist, Clinical, Laboratory Medicine, Pathology Lab, Pathology, Laboratory, Cytologic, Pathology, Healthcare, Health Care, Medical, Medical Technology, Patient Care