Job Description & Requirements
Vice Chair of Clinical Affairs and Director of Young Adult Services in Psychiatry
StartDate: ASAP Pay Rate: $240000.00 - $275000.00
Merritt Hawkins, the nation s leading academic search firm, invites you to consider an opportunity to join a growing Department of Psychiatry at a well-respected medical school in Virginia. We are seeking a Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs. The Vice-Chair is a system-wide position reporting to the chair of Psychiatry and has detailed oversight of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health at an established medical school in Virginia. We are also seeking a Director of Young Adult Services in Psychiatry.Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs
- The Vice-Chair will work in a growing clinical enterprise leading Inpatient and outpatient; Child, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatrics; Addictions; Consult/Liaison; Interventional Psychiatry; Emergency Psychiatry for the two primary locations while meeting the collaborative needs across the system.
- The ideal candidate will have a complementary blend of experience, personality, and drive to support culture change, drive quality improvement, and support evidence-based practice across the clinical enterprise.
- This is a faculty position that will also have protected time for education and clinical administration and appointment at the appropriate academic level to the School of Medicine.
\nDirector of Young Adult Services in Psychiatry
- Help develop and coordinate a care program targeting young adults
- Provide leadership to a dedicated and skilled group of interdisciplinary clinicians and trainees
- Department offers adults and adolescents both outpatient and inpatient care at specialized facilities located in southwest Virginia
- Psychiatric facilities include 61 adult beds (across two facilities), 16 adolescent beds, and multiple ambulatory sites.
- Desired candidates are board-certified in general psychiatry with a focus on patients with one or more disorders of relevance to this age range (for example, eating disorders, personality disorders, addictive disorders)
- Qualified applicants must have an MD or DO degree, be board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, have at least five years of related experience, and be eligible for a Virginia licensure.
Great Place to Raise a Family\n
- Family-friendly community with exceptional school systems to include both public & private schools
- Enjoy outstanding outdoor activities such as the Appalachian Trail or Blue Ridge Parkway
- More than 30 miles of paved greenways and 600 miles of hiking and biking trails
- High quality of life, which includes low crime rate, light traffic, fresh air, and friendly people
- Take advantage of fantastic shopping, a top-notch restaurant scene, breweries, and wineries
- Big cultural opportunities with small city charm; more than 105 nationalities call this region home
The tenth largest city in the Virginia Commonwealth, Roanoke is affectionately known as Virginia's Blue Ridge. Outdoor types will certainly want to explore Roanoke Valley and the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains that surround the city. The Roanoke Symphony provides world class classical music performances throughout the summer. Culture seekers will want to visit the Taubman Museum, which features an impressive array of regional and national visual art. Sports fans can partake in golf or check out a Salem Red Sox game.Job BenefitsAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Child And Adolescent, Child, Adolescent, Psychiatrist, Psychiatry, Mental Illness, Physician, Healthcare, Mental Health, Medication, Medical, Doctor