Job Description & Requirements
Academic Director Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery - in Texas
An Academic Program and Level 1 Trauma Center located in a Texas metro area is seeking an Adult Reconstruction fellowship-trained Orthopaedic Surgeon to join the expanding department. The successful candidate will spend 80% of efforts devoted to clinical responsibilities and 20% to academic/scholarly activities. Candidates with strong clinical backgrounds and experience or interest in academic education or teaching, scholarly activities, and contributing to the growth and expansion of clinical and scholarly/academic efforts are encouraged to apply. A Director of Adult Reconstructive Surgery position is available for qualified candidates.
Texas MetroCommunity Information Live and work in West Texas
- Academic leadership potential (contingent upon experience and qualifications)-- Opportunity to build the program from the ground up
- Join one of the fastest-growing medical schools in Texas, Regional Referral Center and Level I Trauma Center, a catchment area of 1.3 million
- Strong clinical surgical department
- Receive referrals from within the system as well as the community
- Department serves as a regional referral center
- Unique opportunity to participate in one of the first and only joint military/civilian residency training programs
- 80% clinical/20% academic/scholarly activities
- Competitive salary and no state income tax in Texas!
- The ideal candidate will have an interest in the advancement and/or development of an academic career, participating in medical education, and collaborative scholarly activities
- 24/7 coverage provided by a strong group of Trauma Surgeons
Filled with genuine Southern hospitality, the community offers tremendous opportunities, events, and adventures perfect for families and individuals alike. Once you set foot in this inviting community, you ll feel right at home.
As an EEO/AA employer, this institution and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or status as a protected veteran.
- Enjoy a low cost of living in a tort reform state with no state income tax
- 300 days of sunshine per year and a mild year-round climate are perfect for enjoying the outdoor amenities that this community has to offer
- Exceptional public and private schools as well as higher education institutions
- Access to beautiful golf courses and state parks
- A short drive to the mountains for incredible hiking, skiing, and white water rafting
- This family-friendly community is often cited as being one of the safest in the country
- Local international airport
- U.S. News ranks Texas in the top 15 for Best States for Economy, and Forbes ranks it #3 for Best States for Business
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Training
Adult Reconstruction Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship TrainingJob BenefitsAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Foot And Ankle Orthopedic Surgery, Foot And Ankle Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgeon, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Orthopedic Physician, Orthopeadic Physician, Orthopedics, Orthopaedics, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md, Foot And Ankle Surgery, Foot/Ankle Surgery, Foot, Ankle