Job Description & Requirements
Medical Director of Echocardiography and Advanced Imaging in Wisconsin
The University of Wisconsin, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine is seeking candidates at the Associate Professor or higher who have a strong track record of mentorship and research in echocardiography or advanced cardiac imaging to join their dynamic academic program.Position Details:
- Provide leadership for multi-modality imaging physicians and fellows and be responsible for continued collaboration with other UW Health departments and sub-specialties in Cardiovascular Medicine.
- Provide oversight to fellows in the general cardiology program related to imaging training.
- Teaching responsibilities for this position include medical students and residents within the context of the individuals clinical practice. Also included is interaction with Fellows in general cardiology.
- This position will offer protected time for administrative and leadership duties
- The University of Wisconsin, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine has over 60 faculty members, offering fellowship training in cardiovascular medicine, interventional cardiology, clinical cardiac EP, and heart failure.
- The University of Wisconsin Hospital is ranked #17 on the Best Hospitals Honor Roll (U.S. News & World Report). It is also nationally ranked in 12 adult and 4 pediatric specialties and rated high-performing in 9 adult procedures and conditions.
- Offering a small-town feel and big-city amenities, Madison is the perfect place for families and individuals alike whether you re looking for excitement and adventure or peace and relaxation.
- Madison boasts exceptional public and private schools, including three of the top 10 best public high schools and the #5 best private high school in the state (Niche), as well as the highly regarded University of Wisconsin
- Experience four distinct seasons, allowing for an abundance of outdoor recreation, including biking, golfing, fishing, paddle boarding, snowshoe walking, and hiking
- Enjoy a variety of events and activities throughout the year, including collegiate sporting events
- Visit our remarkable downtown area, featuring a number of wonderful shops and restaurants
Candidates interested in this position must submit an inquiry through Merritt Hawkins to be considered.
Associate Professor or higher rankJob BenefitsAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.