Physician - Neurology - Meridian, MS
We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future today!
Ochsner Health is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Neurologist to join its well-established Neurology and EMG Center. Ochsner Health is an integrated healthcare system with more than 36,000 employees and over 4,600 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties. It operates 47 hospitals and more than 370 health and urgent care centers across Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Southeastern United States.
This group is dedicated to providing high-quality Neurology care throughout East Mississippi and West Alabama to a service area of over 350,000 patients.
Ochsner Rush is an integrated health system consisting of a 215-bed hospital; a 49 bed LTAC hospital; 5 critical access hospitals, and over 30 clinics located throughout the area. We are the largest hospital in the region and over 100 years old.
Ability to step into an already existing high-volume practice with a large 8 county referral network of Rush Clinics and hospitals.
Patient service area of over 350,000.
Existing Neurologist is experienced and would serve as a great mentor.
Great team consisting of one experienced Neurologist and 2 NPs.
Services include diagnostic testing (EEG) and therapeutic procedures (vagal nerve stimulation, deep brain stimulation). We would like to expand to do (EMG & Nerve Conduction studies).
Responsibilities would include outpatient clinic 5 days a week including procedures.
Would cover inpatient and outpatient.
All of our interventions especially with trigger points and spinal epidurals would be referred out to our local pain management.
23-bed closed ICU and specialists within the system.
Adult Hospitalist Program in place for more than 20 years.
Teaching opportunities for local family medicine residency program.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Additional benefit options focused on physical, financial, social and mental health
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance
About Meridian, MS: A mid-sized town of about 45 to 50,000. Located on two interstates, it is centrally located and is close to several major cities including New Orleans, LA (3 hours); Jackson, MS (1.5 hours); Birmingham, AL (2.5 hours); Atlanta, GA (4 hours); and the beaches of Gulf Shores, AL (3.5 hours. It is a very family Oriented community with conservative values, a low cost of Living, low crime rate and excellent school options. Our beautiful year-round warm weather allows for multiple outdoor activities including camping, fishing, hiking and boating.
Why Choose Ochsner Health:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner Health does not consider an individual an applicant until they have formally applied to the open position on this careers website.
Individuals who reside in and will work from the state of Colorado are not eligible for remote work position.
Ochsner Health endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Solution Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
?EEO is the Law links in English, Spanish, Chinese, and Arabic.
Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Apply for Physician - Neurology - Meridian, MS
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert