Seeking academic neonatologist(s): SLUCare Physician Group, a member of SSM Health is seeking faculty to join a busy academic group, at the Assistant/Associate Professor level, with a special interest in individuals with training and interest in Neonatal Neurology, Simulation, and Quality Improvement.
The Division of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine consists of 21 faculty and research staff. The Division has a busy inpatient service based in the 65-bed Level IV NICU at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, a 190 licensed bed, free-standing Children's Hospital affiliated with the Saint Louis University School of Medicine.
The Division also serves the labor and delivery service at SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital and the attached 42-bed Level III NICU. In addition, the faculty in the Division staff four Level II NICUs in the community. Faculty provide consultation services at the Fetal Care Institute and staff the high-risk developmental follow-up clinic.
The Division has a fellowship program and currently recruits 2 fellows per year. The Neonatal-Perinatal Division also has ongoing, intra and extra-mural funded clinical and basic science research and an excellent working relationship with the Saint Louis University School of Public Health. Excellent opportunities for teaching in both didactic and clinical settings are available at the medical student and post-graduate levels. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Personal Characteristics
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate patient care in a high-volume Level IV and Level II NICU with sub-specialists
- Ability to lead a medical provider team and work collaboratively with ancillary services within the NICU
- Ability to teach and educate trainees and advanced practice providers
- Detail-oriented and organized with excellent time management skills
- Provide clinical neonatology services at the NICUs and community SCNs as designated by the Division Director
- Provide consultative antenatal services and neonatal resuscitation on Labor and Delivery as requested by OB/MFM at each hospital
- Provide in-house calls at both the Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital NICU and the Level III NICU and L&D at St. Mary's Hospital as per Divisional schedule
- Provide on-call coverage from home for the community NICUs as per Division schedule
- Provide Fetal Care consultation and participate in the high-risk nursery follow-up clinic
- Provide timely and appropriate documentation of all services conducted on behalf of the Division
- Participate in Divisional educational conferences for trainees and staff and community providers as needed
- Participate in Divisional M&M conferences and present clinical cases allocated by clinical service time
- Participate in Quality Improvement projects as and when required in consultation with the Division Director
- Maintain all the board licensing and credentialing requirements to maintain privileges at each participating hospital
- Work closely with faculty mentors and the Division Director on the SLU academic portfolio
Candidates must be BC/BE in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine.
Candidates must be eligible for a Missouri license
Physician - State of Work Location