Physician - Primary Care - Butler, AL
- Ochsner Health
- Butler, Alabama
- Closing date
- Dec 13, 2023
- Family Medicine
- Full Time
- Position Type
We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future today!
Ochsner Health is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Family Medicine or Internal Medicine physician. Ochsner Health is an integrated healthcare system with more than 36,000 employees and over 4,600 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties. It operates 47 hospitals and more than 370 health and urgent care centers across Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Gulf South.
Physician at Choctaw Urgent Care would have the unique opportunity to serve an outpatient practice while maintaining their skills at Choctaw General Hospital, one of our Critical Access Hospitals, adjacent to the clinic.
Traditional practice in Butler, AL (outpatient Clinic; rounding on patients in the hospital one mile away)
Enticing Recruitment package consisting of moving stipend and sign on bonus (100K or more).
No nights and weekend work
Strong support by employed specialists within the System.
Supportive clinic team including one physician and one NP.
Family oriented work environment
We do sponsor J1 waivers.
8,000 Annual ED Volume
Inpatient rounding compensation
EPIC EMR system
Located close to the AL/MS state line, 36 miles Southeast of Meridian, MS
12 - 24 hour shift times, flexible scheduling.
Choctaw General Hospital, Butler, AL: A division of Ochsner Rush Health, Choctaw General Hospital is a 25-bed Critical Access facility located in Butler, AL. Built in 2012, the hospital provides inpatient care, swing bed care, an emergency department, and inpatient and outpatient X-ray and lab services. Full time physician serves as an ED/Hospitalist in the hospital.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Additional benefit options focused on physical, financial, social and mental health
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance
Why Choose Ochsner Health:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner Health does not consider an individual an applicant until they have formally applied to the open position on this careers website.
Individuals who reside in and will work from the state of Colorado are not eligible for remote work position.
Ochsner Health endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Solution Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
?EEO is the Law links in English, Spanish, Chinese, and Arabic.
Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Apply for Physician - Primary Care - Butler, AL
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert