Seeking Cardiovascular Surgeon to Grow Established Heart Program in MS!
Highlights of this opportunity:
- Ability to step into an already existing high-volume practice with a large 8 county referral network of 21 primary care clinics and 5 critical access hospitals.
- Patient service area of over 350,000.
- Current team of 3 Interventional Cardiologists;1 non invasive cardiologist; 4 mid-levels; one vascular surgeon; and one vein specialist.
- Ability to utilize Ochsner s extensive cardiology network of physicians for support and resources.
- Cardiology Clinic is located in a multi-specialty clinic building which is adjacent to a 215-bed hospital with two cath labs and a hybrid peripheral room.
- Internal system volume: In 2021, we referred over 120 cardiovascular surgical procedures to other facilities.
- 23 bed closed ICU with dedicated med/surgical team and 2 intensivists.
- Strong specialist support including team of 4 Anesthesiologists and 4 surgeons.
- DaVinci Robot Surgical System.
- Established Adult Hospitalist Program and tenured Emergency Medicine team, all employed and staffed by Ochsner Rush.
- Fully integrated EHR system utilizing EPIC.
- Teaching opportunities for local family medicine residency program.
- New procedures include Impella left ventricular assist device, pulmonary thrombectomy, orbital coronary atherectomy and ultraviolet laser atherectomy. We have an active pacemaker program including standard pacemakers, Micra pacemakers, AICDs and CRT devices. Recently added CardioMEMS Heart Failure system, impulse dynamics CCM device and Shockwave Coronary Lithotripsy.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Additional benefit options focused on physical, financial, social and mental health
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance
Why Choose Ochsner Health:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork.
About Meridian, MS: A small city with a population of 50,000. Commonly referred as the Transportation Center of the South, Meridian is very centrally located with rapid access to major cities including New Orleans, LA (3 hours); Jackson, MS (1.5 hours); Birmingham, AL (2.5 hours); Atlanta, GA (4 hours); and the beaches of Gulf Shores, AL (3.5 hours). It is a very family Oriented community with conservative values, a low cost of Living, low crime rate and excellent school options. Our beautiful year-round warm weather allows for multiple outdoor activities including camping, fishing, hiking and boating. Meridian has a strong medical community with Rush Health Systems making up the largest non-military employer in the region. Known for its thriving performing arts, the city boasts the MS Arts & Entertainment Experience (MAX); the Riley Center; The Meridian Museum of Art; Meridian Little Theatre; the Meridian Symphony Orchestra; and most recently, a spectacular Children s Museum. The city has an active Business Development organization (EMBDC) that promotes new and existing developments and leadership opportunities. Recognized as a philanthropic community, there are multiple avenues to get involved in service and social organizations. Meridian is truly a hidden Gem in the South.