Ochsner Health is seeking a BOARD-CERTIFIED CLINICAL PEDIATRIC GENETICIST for an exciting opportunity to serve as Section Head of Clinical Genetics at Ochsner Hospital for Children in New Orleans, Louisiana. The successful candidate will work closely with our 2 junior pediatric geneticists as well as our dedicated more experienced pediatric geneticist who works remotely, 3 genetic counselors, and an experienced group of nurses. The candidate will lead recruiting of additional Pediatric Genetic faculty to join the section. Expertise in the evaluation, diagnosis, and ongoing care of patients with a variety of genetic disorders, including congenital anomalies, congenital heart disease, chromosomal disorders, autism, mitochondrial disease, and cancer, is desired. The section also offers prenatal genetic counseling as well as newborn screening. Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide inpatient and outpatient consultative care for children with known or suspected genetic conditions.
- Partner with medical and surgical colleagues to serve children with complex conditions in multidisciplinary programs.
Teaching and Research
- Teach medical students, residents, and allied health students.
- Clinical and translational research opportunities abound for qualified candidates.
- Academic appointment commensurate with experience.
Leadership and Program Development
- Grow, develop, and lead a vibrant section of Medical Genetics serving children and physicians from across the region.
- Collaborate with institutional stakeholders to lead Pediatric Precision Medicine initiatives, as part of Ochsner s commitment to being the regional leader in genomics and precision medicine.
About Ochsner Hospital for Children
Ranked #1 Children s Hospital in Louisiana for the third year in a row by U.S. News & World Report in 2023-24. Ochsner Hospital for Children was also recognized as a national leader in the new rankings in two specialties: Pediatric Cardiology and Heart Surgery, and Pediatric Orthopedics. Ochsner Hospital for Children continues to be a top destination for pediatric care in the Gulf South region through an unwavering commitment to always putting patients first.
Ochsner Hospital for Children is a rapidly expanding 125-bed children s hospital offering a full range of pediatric care from primary to quaternary care, with services offered in all subspecialties, and includes Congenital Cardiac Surgery, Advanced GI and Hepatology, Advanced Orthopedic Surgery, Hematology-Oncology, Cleft Palate/Cranio-Facial Surgery, as well as heart, liver, and bone marrow transplant. There are also several multi-disciplinary teams dedicated to complex conditions. The hospital not only performed the first pediatric heart/kidney transplant in the region but is also the top congenital heart program in the state (both in volume and outcomes).
Ochsner also maintains 12 rotating satellite pediatric subspecialty clinics (eight in Louisiana, four in Mississippi); three permanent pediatric subspecialty clinics; and the Boh Center for Child Development, a dedicated multidisciplinary developmental pediatrics center.