OCHSNER LSU HEALTH SHREVEPORT Palliative Care Physician; Full-Time Academic
- Ochsner Health
- Shreveport, Louisiana
- Closing date
- Dec 9, 2023
- Pulmonary Disease
- Full Time
- Position Type
Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport and Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center- Shreveport are currently seeking a Palliative Medicine Physician to join our team. This position will serve in the Department of Medicine under the direction of the Chair, Steven Bailey, MD. Must be BC/BE and be eligible for a Louisiana license.
Practicing and teaching the fundamental skills of palliative care, such as:
- Enhancing the quality of life for patients and their families when confronting serious or life changing illness,
- Addressing complex symptom management,
- Minimizing other domains of human suffering by providing psychosocial, existential and spiritual support to patients and their families,
- Assisting with communication, advanced care planning and end-of-life decision making that addresses the values and goals of the patient,
- Ensuring a continuum of care across various clinical settings during the trajectory of illness
- Managing pain control, alleviation of psychosocial distress, provide support for spiritual concerns and meet the practical needs of the patient throughout the continuum of health care.
- Improving a patient s and his or her family s access to information that can help them to understand the patient s condition and the range of treatment options available.
- Coordination of care across different settings by facilitating communication among providers, especially as changes occur in the patient s condition and needs.
Highlights of the Position:
- Our health sciences center is home to the School of Medicine, School of Graduate Studies and School of Allied Health Professions and a robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600 residents and fellows are trained each year.
- Collegial and multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses to collaborate on a customized plan of care for each patient.
- Physician leadership and input at all levels of administration.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional Retirement Plans
Apply for OCHSNER LSU HEALTH SHREVEPORT Palliative Care Physician; Full-Time Academic
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert