PEDIATRIC HEMATOLOGY/ONCOLOGY PHYSICIAN
Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport and LSU Health Science Center Shreveport seek a Chief for the Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology physician in the Department of Pediatrics at the Associate or Professor level. Applicants must qualify for a Louisiana license and be BC/BE in Pediatrics and Hematology/Oncology. This position is for inpatient and outpatient care, as well as teaching residents and medical students.
Primary responsibilities include leading the division, collaborating and serving as a liaison with St Jude Children s Research Hospital, providing patient care, resident education, and medical student education. Protected time is available to pursue clinical and/or laboratory research interests. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Highlights of the Position:
- Our faculty includes 10 full-time and 4 part-time General Pediatricians and 29 subspecialists
- Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit 40 bed unit
- 23 pediatric beds in patient ward and an 8-bed pediatric intensive care unit
- One of 8 Children s Hospitals in the country affiliated with St. Jude Children s Research Hospital
- Children s Clinical Research Center with a dedicated 3-bed clinical trial unit and laboratory, which supports 10-12 NIH and Pharma-sponsored clinical trials annually. Inpatient and outpatient subjects.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional Retirement Plans Available
- Vacation / Scheduled Time Off