Summary: VA Hudson Valley Health Care System is currently recruiting for a full-time Physician- Dermatologist.
Responsibilities: The Dermatologist will be responsible for consultative services and developing treatment plans for the management of Veterans in outpatient and Telemedicine. The incumbent will provide evaluations and treatment recommendations regarding patients with dermatology conditions. The incumbent should have strong interpersonal skills to establish professional working relationships with other clinicians and staff throughout the facility and the Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs).The staff Dermatologist will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
- Provide comprehensive care to include diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and education of patients with Dermatologic conditions in the outpatient setting.
- Complete documentation and coding of visits accurately and timely.
- Evaluate, triage, and prioritize Dermatology consult requests to ensure timely care for patients.
- Perform excisional or diagnostic skin biopsies and minor skin surgeries.
- Conduct telemedicine visits for patients in outlying clinics.
- Review images from store and forward program to make treatment recommendations or determine urgency of face to face evaluation.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned, such as peer reviews, Compensation and Pension evaluations, and Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluations (OPPE).
- Coordinate care at VA or non-VA referral centers for patients requiring services not provided at the facility such as MOHS surgery.
- Attend staff meetings and service on committees, process improvement teams and workgroups as requested.
- Completes CME as required to maintain competency in Dermatology and medical licensure.
- Completes HIPAA, Privacy and Security and other mandatory VA training in a timely manner
The tour of duty for this position is Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:30pm.Financial Disclosure Report:
VA offers a comprehensive total rewards package. VHA Physician Total Rewards
Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increasesPaid Time Off:
50-55 days of paid time off per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)Retirement:
Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VAInsurance:
Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)Licensure:
1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territoryCME:
Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement (must be full-time with board certification)Malpractice:
Free liability protection with tail coverage providedContract:
No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period.
- Subject to background/security investigation.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination.
- Participation in the seasonal influenza vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP).
- Participation in the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination program is a requirement for all Veterans Health Administration Health Care Personnel (HCP) - See "Additional Information" below for details.
To qualify for this position, you must meet the basic requirements as well as any additional requirements (if applicable) listed in the job announcement. Applicants pending the completion of training or license requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met. Currently employed physician(s) in VA who met the requirements for appointment under the previous qualification standard at the time of their initial appointment are deemed to have met the basic requirements of the occupation.Preferred Experience: Board Certified
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits