Breast Imaging Radiologist
- Ochsner Health
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Closing date
- Dec 6, 2023
- Radiology / Imaging
- Full Time
- Position Type
Ochsner Health is seeking BC/BE radiologists to join our growing Breast Imaging section. This position includes coverage at Ochsner Medical Center New Orleans - Jefferson Highway (a tertiary/quaternary academic medical center), the Lieselotte Tansey Breast Center at Ochsner, and Ochsner South Shore community hospitals.
- Part time or Full time
- Duties include the full scope of breast imaging examinations including screening & diagnostic mammography and digital breast tomosynthesis, breast ultrasound, and breast MRI, as well as core needle biopsies and surgical localizations at Ochsner New Orleans South Shore hospitals and outpatient facilities.
- Resident supervision and academic responsibilities are required at the Lieselotte Tansey Breast Center at Ochsner and Ochsner Medical Center New Orleans - Jefferson Highway.
- Breast Imaging Fellowship or extensive breast imaging experience required
- Current weekend coverage approximately 1 in 8 with flexible work opportunities with option for no call or weekends
- After hours ED coverage provided by Ochsner employed Emergency Radiologists
- IR coverage provided by Ochsner employed Interventional Radiologists
- Top-end imaging equipment, PACS and dictation software, and IT support.
- Highly competitive salary with comprehensive benefits.
- Relocation Assistance
- CME time and financial reimbursement
- Comprehensive insurance
- Retirement options
Ochsner Health s Department of Radiology offers a full spectrum of radiological services provided by nationally recognized subspecialized radiologists. We offer a full array of diagnostic and treatment procedures using some of the most advanced technology available. We are also one of the leading radiologic academic centers in the Gulf South, with high clinical volumes across all sub-specialties.
New Orleans is one of the most exciting and vibrant cities in America. Amenities include multiple universities, academic centers, professional sports teams, world-class dining, cultural interests, renowned live entertainment, and music.
Ochsner Health is a system that delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi, and the Gulf South with a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner Health is a not-for-profit committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner Health healed more than 876,000 people from across the globe in 2019, providing the latest medical breakthroughs and therapies, including digital medicine for chronic conditions and telehealth specialty services. Ochsner Health is a national leader, named the top hospital in Louisiana and a top children s hospital by U.S. News & World Report. As Louisiana s leading healthcare educator, Ochsner Health and its partners educate thousands of healthcare professionals annually. Ochsner Health is innovating healthcare by investing in new technologies and research to make world-class care more accessible, affordable, convenient, and effective. Ochsner's team of more than 26,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness in the region. To learn more about Ochsner Health, please visit www.ochsner.org. To transform your health, please visit www.ochsner.org/healthyyou.
Interested physicians should apply HERE
Sorry, no opportunities for J-1 applications at present.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Breast Imaging Radiologist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert