Ochsner Rush is a 215-bed hospital; a 49 bed LTAC hospital; 5 critical access hospitals, and over 30 clinics located throughout East Central MS and West AL.
A New physician would join an existing team of 1 urologist and 1 NP. We have two da Vinci Robots (XI and SI).
What we have to offer:
Ability to step into an existing high-volume practice with a large 8 county referral network.
Patient service area of over 350,000.
Urology Clinic is located in a multi-specialty clinic building adjacent to the hospital and OR.
New procedures recently added including Navigated Prostate Biopsy (Invivo), Blue Light for identification and treatment of Bladder Cancer and Urolift for BPH.
Director of Surgery has 20+ years of Urology experience
1:4 City wide call on Weekends.
Block time available for surgeons.
Adult Hospitalist program has been here for 20 years.
All new or upgraded equipment including cysto table, laser, scopes, camera & video system.
Teaching opportunities for local family medicine residency program.
Why Choose Ochsner Health:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork.
About Meridian, MS: A mid-sized town with a population of 45 to 50,000. Commonly referred as the Transportation Center of the South, Meridian is very centrally located with rapid access to major cities including New Orleans, LA (3 hours); Jackson, MS (1.5 hours); Birmingham, AL (2.5 hours); Atlanta, GA (4 hours); and the beaches of Gulf Shores, AL (3.5 hours). It is a very family Oriented community with conservative values, a low cost of Living, low crime rate and excellent school options. Our beautiful year-round warm weather allows for multiple outdoor activities including camping, fishing, hiking and boating. Meridian has a strong medical community with Rush Health Systems making up the largest non-military employer in the region. Known for its thriving performing arts, the city boasts the MS Arts & Entertainment Experience (MAX); the Riley Center; The Meridian Museum of Art, Meridian Little Theatre, the Meridian Symphony Orchestra and a newly opened Children s Museum.