- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Miami, Florida
- Closing date
- Dec 3, 2023
- Full Time
- Position Type
The Miami VA Healthcare System, is seeking 4 Outpatient Psychiatrists (Board Certified/Board Eligible). You could be part of an important initiative to provide mental health care for our nations Veterans! America's Veterans need you!
Perform psychiatric evaluations and medication management for a diverse population in need of mental health care, including geriatric and post deployment combat Veterans. Clinical practice and common psychopathologies may include depression, anxiety, psychosis, PTSD, substance abuse, neuropsychiatric conditions and other psychiatric disorders in outpatient, inpatient, & ED settings. May participate in supervision and teaching in support of the psychiatry residency training and may also be eligible for a faculty position with our academic affiliate, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, which offers amazing education benefits for the children of the faculty member.
Assistance with payment of outstanding medical school loans is available up to $200K!
Bonus or relocation may be eligible to qualified candidates.
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional 7.5% of pay
- Guaranteed salary increases
- Hours: 8am-4:30pm, M-F
- Licensure: 1 Full & unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at this facility
- CME: $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement
- Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Employment Contract
- 26 Days paid vacation
- 13 Days paid sick time per year with unlimited carry over
- 11 Federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 days paid absence to attend CME
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility
VA physicians practice medicine more and spend less time on business tasks. Enjoy an environment that supports an interdisciplinary care team approach that delivers state-of-the-art medicine using some of the most advanced medical techniques and technologies in the Nation. Plus, VA offers an unparalleled variety of practice options in research, academia, and administration. Enjoy a superb quality of life. VA ensures and encourages a healthy work/life balance through predictable scheduling, reduced paperwork, the elimination of billing hassles, and lifting the burden of liability coverage.
If interested, please e-mail me your CV and we can speak further.
Apply for Outpatient Psychiatrist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert