Neurologist Fresno VA Favorable Work-Life-Family Balance.
The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance.
Neurologist needed at the Fresno VA! If you are interested in true work life balance this a great opportunity. The physician is required to actively participate and lead in research and education/training activities. The physician must meet requirements for academic appointment with UCSF (University of California San Francisco) Fresno Medical Education Program.
Work guidelines are in keeping with the standards set out by the VA hospital and American Academy of Neurology. This is a Full-Time position, with work of variable complexity: The incumbent will see outpatients, inpatient consults, and perform electrophysiologic studies. The incumbent will carry out the VA mission of patient care, education, and will do research if possible, and will care for both acute and non-acute neurologic events. Scope: Physician will see all disease entities that require his expertise for a Neurological Problem. The Physician will work closely with all medical teams and staff for the benefit of the patient.
Part Time and Full Time Opportunity Available
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Expected Salary range from $220,000 to $282,480 with consideration given to candidate's qualifications, credentials, and experience; and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance Bonus.
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), and if approved, receive up to $200k in school loan repayment.
Paid Time Off: 50-55 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits, 2) FERS-RAE basic benefits (pension), and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee s salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee s salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2022, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $19,500, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $25,500.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years service
To Explore This Physician Opportunity Further
Click here to schedule time to speak with Greg
Gregory.Salmon@va.gov Call or Text (321) 689-7080
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before your start date. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exception from this requirement using the reasonable accommodation process.