Hematology and Medical Oncology
HCA Midwest Health and Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute are seeking a full-time hematology-oncology physician with an interest in breast to join Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute.Qualified Candidates:
- American board certified or board eligible hematologist oncologist
- Eligible for state licensure in Kansas
- Predominately breast practice, candidates with an interest in breast oncology are encouraged to apply, but this area of interest is not required
- This practice affords you the opportunity to function in a generalist model with the ability to cultivate a niche within your clinical practice based on your practice preferences and clinical interests
- Access to clinical trials phase 2A, 2B, and 3 clinical trials with NCI cooperative group trials and pharma trials
- 2 dedicated breast surgeons on staff and a full suite of radiation oncology services
- We take a holistic approach to caner care with supportive services like wellness, rehab, social work, and financial counseling
- Part of one of the largest cancer networks in the country diagnosing almost 6% of all cancer patients in the United States
- Teaching opportunities with our GME program
About Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute & Menorah Medical Center:
- Unmatched potential for flexibility and career growth
- Competitive salary with incentive based package
- Sign on bonus and generous student loan repayment
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Time away from work combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence
- CME time and dues allowances
- 401k with company matching
- Employee stock purchase plan
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health is a network of hospitals and physicians that bring together the latest in cancer treatment, technology, and comprehensive services close to home, providing patients throughout our region with a new level of care and support as they face cancer
- Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health is comprised of 22 physicians and 20 NPs; 15+ nurse navigator team with two gynecological oncology dedicated nurse navigators; and 6 onsite genetics counselors
- NAPBC and Commission on Cancer Integrated Network accredited
- Menorah Medical Center is a full service, acute care hospital serving the communities of Overland Park and Leawood with a medical staff of 600+ physicians, 950+ staff and 155+ beds.
- Menorah s world-class medical staff offers exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, teens, and children.
- The hospital serves the community healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area.
- The hospital is undergoing an unprecedented $65 million expansion to improve access and further advance the high-quality care delivered.
The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people as well as home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others. KCI Airport features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. For the food enthusiast KC features four James Beard Award winning chefs and about a dozen finalists. Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now. Overland Park, a suburb of Kansas City located in Johnson County, ranked #1 for 'best places to raise a family.'