Obstetrics and Gynecology
New OB/GYN residency program seeking obstetrician–gynecologist to serve as a full-time teaching faculty. Qualified Candidates:
- Board certification in obstetrics and gynecology
- Strong clinical skills in ambulatory women's health, obstetrics, and gynecologic surgery.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team-oriented and patient-centered approach to patient care
- Current or recent academic experience is preferred, but candidates interested in transitioning from private practice to an academic position are encouraged to apply.
- Willingness to participate in backup call coverage
- Applicants must have the ability to work collegially within a diverse environment and demonstrate a commitment to our institutional values regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion.
About Medical City Arlington:
- Join large hospital employed group
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit package
- HCA Healthcare is the largest sponsor of GME in the United States. The North Texas region is an area of focus, with 5 new residency programs started in the last 2 years. 7 additional programs are planned in the region in the upcoming years.
- Medical City Arlington is a 433 bed level 2 trauma center with 19,000 annual admissions. The women's tower has 23 labor and delivery rooms, 3 OB operating rooms, and a 35 bed level 3 NICU. With greater than 4000 annual deliveries, Medical City Arlington has been recognized as a 5 Star recipient in cesarean delivery, vaginal delivery, and gynecologic procedures by Health grades.
- The HCA Medical City Arlington residency program in obstetrics and gynecology started in 2021 with an inaugural class of 5 residents. The residency program is approved for 20 residents. The residency program is part of the Medical City Healthcare UNT–TCU GME Consortium, which includes all of the regional HCA Medical City hospitals. The primary teaching sites for the residency program are at Medical City Arlington and Medical City Dallas.
- Medical City Women's Care is the GME outpatient clinic that serves as the home for the faculty practice and all resident continuity clinics. The office is located on campus with direct access to the women’s tower and has 7 exam rooms, 1 procedure room, and 1 sonogram room.
- Our team is comprised of 3 academic generalists who educate, supervise, and provide direct OB and Gyn patient care alongside residents within our department. 24/7 inpatient coverage is provided by the OB hospitalists, who all serve as part of the clinical faculty. The academic generalist's are currently providing Monday to Friday daytime inpatient coverage and serve as backup coverage at night and on weekends. The academic faculty are responsible for the ongoing resident didactic sessions, simulation, and administrative oversight of the program.
Arlington, Texas is located within the middle of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, which is the fourth largest metropolitan area in the United States. Located within one of the fastest growing counties in the US, Arlington is close to world class museums, nationally no universities, diverse neighborhoods, and all 4 major professional sports leagues.