Excellent Trauma/Critical Care Surgery Opportunity- South Sacramento, CA
The Department of Trauma within the Permanente Medical Group, Inc. is seeking a board-certified/ eligible trauma surgeon, with additional training in surgical critical care to join the trauma program in South Sacramento. The South Sacramento Trauma Center is an ACS verified level II center with an annual volume of approximately 1000 patients and a blunt: penetrating ratio of approximately 85:15. Trauma surgeons have the opportunity to participate in emergency surgery call. The medical center has 3 dedicated trauma resuscitation bays, a helipad, and 30 intensive care beds. The Emergency Department is expanding to have over 80 additional beds. Our medical center has a strong affiliation with the University of California at Davis, serving as a teaching hospital for residents in many specialties, including general surgery.
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (TPMG) is one of the largest medical groups in the nation with over 9,000 physicians, 22 medical centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central California, and a 70-year tradition of providing quality medical care.
The Permanente Medical Group Physicians enjoy:
- Competitive Salary along with a Comprehensive Benefit Package, including a path to shareholder
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage
- Technology-Driven Innovation
- Excellent Retirement Plans, including pension and health care coverage
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and education leave (with generous stipend)
The Sacramento area offers:
- A short drive to the Sierra Nevada Mountains, San Francisco Bay Area, or the Pacific Coast, as well as close proximity to three national parks, including Yosemite, Kings Canyon, and Sequoia
- Mild winters, dry summers, and close to some of our state's most popular recreation destinations
- Fork to Farm capitol, great schools, numerous local parks, vibrant arts scene, local Farmer’s markets, and lively theater and music performances
- High quality and attractive lifestyle with a lower cost of living
If you would like to find out more about TPMG, Inc. and the advantages of working in a large group practice integrated with a non-profit health plan and hospital system, I encourage you to contact me directly at the email address below for a private and exploratory conversation. I look forward to discussing these opportunities with you soon. Please feel free to share this opportunity with your physician colleagues.
Jason London MD, MPH
Trauma Medical Director
6600 Bruceville Rd
Sacramento, CA 95823