Ambulatory Care Section of the Reno VA Medical Center provides care in various outpatient settings including Main Campus, and Community Based Outpatient Clinic's (CBOCs). Walk in Clinic provides episodic interventions for patients with complaints ranging from administrative problems up to and including urgent clinical needs. The clinic services provide scheduled appointments for new and returning primary care for large numbers of veterans seen in and followed within the Health Care System.
Duties include but are not limited to:
-Provide appropriate treatment.
- Provide instruction and/or education concerning treatment/diagnosis/medications.
- Contact other medical personnel for necessary consultation.
- Provide referral to Specialty Clinics as appropriate.
- Refer patients to the Emergency Department or to the inpatient hospital service when clinically indicated
- Provide for follow up as necessary.
- Emphasize Preventive and health screening for veteran patients.
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 4:30pm
VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System (VASNHCS) provides inpatient and outpatient care to a large geographical area that includes 20 counties in northern Nevada and northeastern California. The Reno campus is the site of the Ioannis A. Lougaris VA Medical Center, which operates 64 hospital beds and 60 Community Living Center (CLC) beds. VASNHCS also manages community-based outpatient clinics in Auburn and Susanville, CA, and Carson Valley, Lahontan Valley, Fallon, and Winnemucca, NV. VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System provides health care to approximately 120,000 veterans.
Benefits and Features
- Expected Salary range from $200,000.00 to $225,000.00, with consideration given to candidate's qualifications, credentials and experience; and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance Bonus. Selected candidate may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), and if approved, receive up to $200k in school loan repayment.
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
- Federal Retirement Plans thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching
Welcome to Reno/Tahoe! Nestled at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains with easy access to Lake Tahoe, Reno is ideal for your inner adventurer. Enjoy kayaking, paddle boarding, and hiking in the summer, sledding and snowshoeing in the winter, or head on up to the slopes to ski or snowboard where many Olympic athletes train. Check out our many hip restaurants and shops in Midtown, or take a walk by the river downtown and stop in at a dog friendly brewery. We are the home of a dynamic art scene and many iconic events: Artown, Hot August Nights, Street Vibrations, Rib Cook-off, Great Reno Balloon Races, Reno Rodeo, and the National Championship Air Races. Summers can get hot, but the humidity is low, and there is no state income tax in Nevada! For more information click: Special Events.
We encourage you to consider VA employment in Reno, NV. We offer both a mission you can put your heart into and a home for fun, new experiences. Join a team that values a healthy home/work life balance and be rewarded by your role in keeping the promise to those who served." For more information click Recreation
For more information, please visit www.whyreno.org.
For more information, please contact VA Healthcare Recruiter:
Kelly De Boer