Psychiatrist in Beautiful Reno/Lake Tahoe Area
VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System (VASNHCS) is seeking a highly qualified Psychiatrist. Psychiatrists are an integral part of an interdisciplinary treatment team, and provide new patient appointments, diagnostic evaluations, prescribe medications, and provide rapid access appointments for established veterans The Mental Health Service provides care in two settings: inpatient psychiatry unit and outpatient programs. Psychiatrists assigned to Mental Health Service provide psychiatric care for inpatients and outpatients.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Staff psychiatrists are ultimately responsible for all aspects of psychiatric care.
- Staff psychiatrists provide or assist residents and/or the nurse practitioner in the process of evaluation and treatment of the psychiatric patient, and actively participate in corrective actions against untoward responses to psychiatric interventions.
- Staff psychiatrists evaluate the patient to assess changes in the physical and mental status. A progress note is written in the patient's chart. Notes also include the concurrence with notes written by the resident and attending notes as appropriate.
- Staff psychiatrists perform inpatient psychiatry consultations, and outpatient psychiatry evaluations and treatment.
- During on-call hours, staff psychiatrists shall be available for all emergency psychiatric interventions.
- Staff psychiatrists are appropriately credentialed and privileged. They participate in various hospital committees, departmental and hospital in-service programs, and education programs of the department and the hospital. They are also involved in continuous quality improvement through peer review process.
- Staff psychiatrists shall be responsible for inpatient and outpatient care, and graduate and undergraduate medical education, and scientific research as appropriate.
VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System (VASNHCS) provides inpatient and outpatient care to a large geographical area that includes 20 counties in northern Nevada and northeastern California. The Reno campus is the site of the Ioannis A. Lougaris VA Medical Center, which operates 64 hospital beds and 60 Community Living Center (CLC) beds. VASNHCS also manages community-based outpatient clinics in Auburn and Susanville, CA, and Carson Valley, Lahontan Valley, Fallon, and Winnemucca, NV. VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System provides health care to approximately 120,000 veterans.
Benefits and Features
- Expected Salary range for well qualified Psychiatrist will range from $250,000.00 to $280,000.00, with consideration given to candidate's qualifications, credentials and experience; and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance Bonus. Selected candidate may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), and if approved, receive up to $200k in school loan repayment.
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
- Federal Retirement Plans thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching
Welcome to Reno/Tahoe! Nestled at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains with easy access to Lake Tahoe, Reno is ideal for your inner adventurer. Enjoy kayaking, paddle boarding, and hiking in the summer, sledding and snowshoeing in the winter, or head on up to the slopes to ski or snowboard where many Olympic athletes train. Check out our many hip restaurants and shops in Midtown, or take a walk by the river downtown and stop in at a dog friendly brewery. We are the home of a dynamic art scene and many iconic events: Artown, Hot August Nights, Street Vibrations, Rib Cook-off, Great Reno Balloon Races, Reno Rodeo, and the National Championship Air Races. Summers can get hot, but the humidity is low, and there is no state income tax in Nevada! For more information click: Special Events.
We encourage you to consider VA employment in Reno, NV. We offer both a mission you can put your heart into and a home for fun, new experiences. Join a team that values a healthy home/work life balance and be rewarded by your role in keeping the promise to those who served." For more information click Recreation
For more information, please visit www.whyreno.org.