Memorial Healthcare System, one of the largest public healthcare systems in the nation, is seeking a dynamic physician leader for the role of Assistant Designated Institutional Officer (ADIO). Reporting to the Chief Academic Officer and Designated Institutional Official (DIO), the Assistant DIO will direct the centralized functions of the Memorial Healthcare System Office of Academic Affairs, specifically its GME and CME Departments. The incumbent will provide administrative direction for GME and CME employing a methodology of continuous programmatic quality improvement and will aid in faculty development and educational innovation as needed. The physician will build upon the overall success of the MHS GME program which has established 14 ACGME training programs over the past 5 years in its CMS cap building phase and will work with programs to improve quality and build new programs as appropriate.
- Minimum five years of experience in Graduate Medical Education (GME), preferably as a residency program director. Must have an MD or DO degree. Continuing Medical Education (CME) experience is a plus but not mandatory.
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate operations in GME and CME including risk assessment.
- Ability to assist in strategic planning, financial oversight, legal oversight, and continuous quality improvement in GME and CME.
- In depth knowledge of ACGME and ACCME rules, regulations, and policies.
- Basic understanding of legal and financial aspects of GME.
- Ability to assist in the launching of new GME programs.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with multiple departments and stakeholders across the Institution.
This is a full-time employed position with the Memorial Physician Group. The position offers competitive benefits and a compensation package that is commensurate with training and experience. Professional malpractice and medical liability are covered under sovereign immunity.
About Memorial Healthcare System
Memorial Healthcare System, located in south Florida, is one of the largest public healthcare systems in the United States. A national leader in quality care and patient satisfaction, Memorial has ranked 11 times since 2008 on nationally recognized lists of great places to work – in Modern Healthcare magazine, Florida Trend magazine and Becker’s Hospital Review, just to name a few.
Memorial’s facilities include its flagship, Memorial Regional Hospital, one of the largest in Florida; Memorial Regional Hospital South; Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, the only freestanding children's hospital in Broward and Palm Beach counties; Memorial Hospital West; Memorial Hospital Miramar; Memorial Hospital Pembroke; and Memorial Manor, a US News five-star-rated nursing home.
Memorial’s work environment has been rated by employees and physicians alike as an open-door, inclusive culture that is committed to safety, transparency and, above all, outstanding service to patients and families.
About South Florida
South Florida offers a dynamic urban/suburban lifestyle with an abundance of cultural and recreational amenities, miles of beautiful beaches, top-rated golf courses, zoos and wildlife refuges, a vibrant arts community, museums and world-class dining. South Florida’s high quality of life – including year-round summer weather, exciting multiculturalism and no state income tax – attracts new residents from all over the country and around the world.