The Department of Anesthesiology at Saint Luke’s Hospital seeks an Anesthesiologist at the Instructor/Assistant Professor level to join our Cardiac Anesthesiology section of Saint Luke's Physician Group.
- Prospective candidates must have recent experience in cardiac anesthesia and be in the process of, or graduated from, a cardiothoracic anesthesiology fellowship program.TEE board eligible or board certified.
- Operations include heart transplants, placement of mechanical circulatory support including LVADs, aortic reconstruction, TAVR, structural heart, CABG, valves, esophageal surgery, complex thoracic and major vascular cases.
- Saint Luke's Hospital Cardiology and Heart Surgery, part of the renowned Mid America Heart Institute (MAHI), was ranked in the top 22 in 2020 by USNWR, performing over 1600 cardiothoracic, vascular and hybrid procedures yearly. Faculty exclusively concentrate their clinical efforts in the CVOR arena in MAHI, part of a freestanding clinical center within Saint Luke's Hospital.
- Exclusive CVOR work. Research involvement with members of the Outcomes/Research Division of MAHI is available if desired.
- Compensation and benefits are excellent and rank in the top tier for academic departments nationwide.
About Saint Luke’s Health System
Founded as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization, our mission includes a commitment to the highest levels of excellence in health care and the advancement of medical research and education. Saint Luke's Health System is an aligned organization where physicians and staff assume responsibility for enhancing the physical, mental, and spiritual health of people in the metropolitan Kansas City area and the surrounding regions.
About Kansas City
With high-quality schools and friendly neighborhoods, numerous national publications have called Kansas City one of the nation’s best places to live, work, and raise a family. The greater Kansas City metro area is a vibrant, growing community known for its barbecue, jazz, thriving arts scene, world champion sports teams, natural beauty, and exceptional quality of life.
With a population of more than 2 million, Kansas City is a place where unique sights and historic architecture meet leading innovation. You’ll also find dozens of museums, shopping and entertainment districts, wineries and breweries, the Kansas City Zoo, hiking and biking trails, and a diverse array of restaurants.
Learn more about living and working in Kansas City.