Date: Nov 18, 2022
Location: Chicago, IL, US, 60602-3134
Job Requisition ID: 15432
Agency: Department of Public Health
Office: Director's Office
Division: Medical Services
Posting ID: 00-22-0257
Posted: 11/18/2022 - 12/5/2022
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Plan/BU: Excluded - Federally Funded 000
**A RESUME IS REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB POSTING**
Please attach a DETAILED Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV), a copy of your transcripts or diploma for all degrees earned, and a copy of any applicable professional licensures to the MY DOCUMENTS section of your application. Please note that the Department of Public Health must verify proof of higher education for any degree earned (if applicable) before any offer can be extended. You WILL NOT be considered for the position if you attach a CMS100, CMS100b or any other document in lieu of a Resume or CV.
Posting Identification Number: 00-22-0257
Agency Marketing Statement
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) is tasked with the oversight of communities within Illinois to achieve and maintain optimal health and safety. With an annual budget of over $600 million in state and federal funds, 7 regional offices, 3 laboratories and over 1,100 employees, IDPH is equipped to fulfill its mission of protecting the health and wellness of the people of Illinois through the prevention, health promotion, regulation and control of disease and injury.
The Illinois Department of Public Health is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as the Medical Administrator for the comprehensive statewide Infection Prevention and Control of infectious diseases with a focus on congregate healthcare facilities. Supervises infection prevention personnel and provides consultation to and collaboration with offices and programs involving communicable diseases including hospital acquired infection activities.
- Serves as the Medical Administrator for the comprehensive statewide control of selected infectious diseases.
Serves as full-line supervisor:
- Assists the Chief of the Division of Infectious Disease with planning, developing, and directing a Statewide Infectious disease program, including the organization and implementation of the program’s goals and objectives.
- Recommends the establishment of program policy and guidelines in light of priorities and available resources.
Provides (either directly or through staff) medical and epidemiological consultation to private physicians, health departments, hospitals, and veterinarians in suspected or diagnosed cases of infectious diseases.
- Assigns and reviews work
- Provides guidance and training to assigned staff
- Counsels staff regarding work performance
- Reassigns staff to meet day-to-day operating needs
- Establishes annual goals and objectives
- Approves time off
- Adjusts first level grievances
- Effectively recommends and imposes discipline up to and including discharge
- Prepares and signs performance evaluations
- Determines and recommends staffing needs
Provide medical services and consultation within the scope of their residency or board certification.
- Conducts specialized investigations if situation warrants.
Job Responsibilities (continued)Analyzes records of illness and cause of death related to infectious diseases to develop services for improving or correcting public health programs.
Serves as clinical consultant for IDPH laboratories, providing consultation regarding the appropriateness of testing ordered, interpretations of tests, ensures test results include pertinent information requested for the specific patient interpretations and consults with laboratory clients upon request.Cooperates with lay groups and with Federal, state, and local government agencies in the development of legislative proposals relating to infectious disease control activities.
- Provides technical advice and analysis of morbidity statistics collected and tabulated by the Department.
Approves and direct the presentation of infectious disease educational programs.
- Testifies before legislative committees on behalf of the Department regarding legislative proposals.
Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Prepares and reviews educational material relating to Program activities.
- Travels to deliver speeches and lectures before professional and lay groups.
- Prepares scientific papers and educational literature for publications.
- Requires an Illinois license to practice medicine and completion of an approved residency in a position that is related to the medical programs of the agency.
- Requires three years of substantive medical experience in directing, planning and evaluating a medical/clinical program.
- Completion of Epidemic Intelligence Service Training (EIS)
- Master of Public Health, Public Administration or other similar degree.
- Three years experience working in the public health sector.
- Three years experience providing direction and consultation on medical services.
- Three years experience participating in medical research.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with various professionals, government agencies, educational institutions and other organizations.
Conditions of Employment
- Requires a valid and current driver's license.
- Requires overnight travel throughout the state.
Work Hours: M-F 8:30am-5:00pm
Work Location: 69 W Washington St Chicago, IL 60602-3134
Job Family: Health Services
Certain provisions of the revolving door restrictions contained in 5 ILCS 430/5-45 apply to this
position. As a result, the employee should be aware that if offered non-State employment during
State employment or within one year immediately after ending State employment, the employee shall,
prior to accepting any such non-State employment offer, notify the Office of the Executive
Inspector General for the Agencies of the Illinois Governor (“OEIG”) or may be subject to a fine.
The main form of communication will be through email. Please check your “junk mail”, “spam”, or “other” folder for communication(s) regarding any submitted application(s).
You may receive emails from the following addresses: