OB-GYN Hospitalist/Laborist - Buffalo, NY
Catholic Health is recruiting for an OB-GYN physician Hospitalist/Laborist . Catholic Health has Level II and Level III NICU s staffed around the clock with neonatal providers including board certified neonatologists, neonatal nurse practitioners, physician assistants and pediatric intensivists.
KEY JOB FEATURES
- Employed provider, great schedule options
- Collaborative and experienced labor and delivery staff
- Level II and III NICU
- Neonatology Support
- Board Certified OB-GYN
- Candidate must have current, unrestricted, New York State license or in process
- Electronic Fetal Monitor (EFM) Certified within one year of privileges on Medical Staff.
- Routine care for all Obstetrical patients, including high-risk obstetrical patients.
- Provide in-house obstetrical services, including but not limited to emergency cesarean sections, spontaneous vaginal or operative vaginal births, and rounding on antepartum, laboring, and postpartum patients.
- Provide backup support to obstetrical providers when requested, including VBAC coverage.
- Assist other attending physicians in surgery when requested and performing emergency GYN procedures that present through Emergency Department
Labor & Delivery
The Labor and Delivery Unit is integrated with the post-partum, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and normal newborn nursery. Communication and handoffs between and among departments is solid and the overall environment is collaborative and supportive.
All staff are Electronic Fetal Monitor certified (including the nurses) and safety drills are a regular part of our culture. There is Anesthesia coverage and excellent support from other adult and pediatric providers.
No solicitations from third-party recruitment firms (retained and contingency) and locums companies.