Experience the lifestyle of living and working on the Peninsula - the Newport News York County Williamsburg region, a region surrounded by the Chesapeake Bay and James River. These historic communities offer a temperate climate, low crime rate, top public-schools, access to major cultural and year-round outdoor recreational activities and low cost of living. Offers the lifestyle of living in coastal community while having the big benefits of suburban living!
Our community-based residency program strives to continually enhance the quality of patients care and improve the health and well-being of our community.
- An accredited ACGME program since the 1970s
- Join our established team of core faculty and Program Director who acknowledge varying learning styles and provide a wide variety of learning opportunities to residents and medical students (from VCOM, VCU and EVMS)
- Three residents at each of the four years; 2,400 deliveries per year, 12 L&D rooms, 22 all private post-partum rooms, two dedicated obstetric OR rooms
- The residency program serves a diverse and medically underserved population where Faculty precept residents in clinic, L&D and in the ORs at our 450-bed trauma center, Riverside Regional Medical Center (RRMC) both located in Newport News, VA
- Simulation Center enabling residents to further develop clinical, surgical, L&D, and procedural skills
- EPIC links all of our OP & IP facilities within the health system
- Riverside Health System (RHS) is committed to continued Faculty Development
- Offers competitive salaried compensation package and complete benefits
The lifestyle of living on the Chesapeake Bay and James River namely known as the Virginia Peninsula, a region that includes: Williamsburg, Newport News, York County, Poquoson & Hampton:
- Experience an excellent quality of life, four seasons with mild winters in a region that offers a diversity of activities year-round
- Offers a selection of diverse restaurants, cultural events and the beauty of nature abounds! Rated #2 place in the United States to raise a family by Parenthood Magazine with impressive amenities
- Fish, sail, kayak or paddle board regularly on the James River, Chesapeake Bay, or 200 miles or coastline with numerous access points throughout
- Travel easily to other locations using one of three airports or simply drive to hiking destinations such as Appalachian Trail and many other dog friendly trails in the region
- Unique assortment of cultural and historical amenities plus shopping, entertainment and touring opportunities from Busch Gardens, Outlet Malls to wineries
- Multitude of outstanding educational options both public and private school options
Why Join Riverside?
Our established team fosters a culture guided by a mission to care for others as we would care for those we love and mutual respect and collaboration amongst team members within our large multi-specialty group, 600+ Providers, Riverside Medical Group (RMG). A quality driven, multi-specialty clinical team at the heart of one of America s strongest healthcare delivery organizations, Riverside Health System (RHS). All Riverside divisions is represented by physician leaders partnered directly with top administrators that can affect change more easily and an open management style where your input is recognized and valued. RHS has demonstrated that it is well prepared to help face the challenging issues within healthcare. It is over 100 years old yet innovative in its approach with recognized strength in neurosciences, cardiac, orthopedic care, elder care, rehabilitation, home-based technologies, wellness and mental health support.
If interested, please forward your CV directly to Nicole.email@example.com For more detail, please contact us at (757) 224-4990. We look forward to hearing from you.